Search for tag "Climate change"
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Bahá'í Cosmological Symbolism and the Ecofeminist Critique, by Michael W. Sours, in Journal of Bahá'í Studies, 7:1 (1995). Constituents of Bahá'í cosmological symbolism; introduction to the main feminist/environmentalist arguments; eschatological character of Bahá'í cosmological symbolism; Bahá'í eschatology provides answers to many feminist and ecological objections. [about]
- Changement du climat, by Universal House of Justice (2020). Traduction provisoire. [about]
- Climate Change: Policies and Political Discourse, by Universal House of Justice (2017-11-29). Letter "to three individuals" on the science behind anthropogenic (human-caused) global warming, and how Bahá'ís might participate in activism and raising awareness of the issue while avoiding political divisiveness. [about]
- Climate Change: Warwick Leaflets, by Warwick Bahá'í Bookshop (2020). [about]
- Discerning a Framework for the Treatment of Animals in the Bahá'í Writings: Ethics, Ontology, and Discourse, by Michael Sabet, in Journal of Bahá'í Studies, 32:1-2 (2023-01). Bahá'í exegesis can discern a framework governing the treatment of animals and our relationship to the natural world; examination of the author’s own relationship with animals; ethics of kindness and justice flow from underlying ontological principles. [about]
- Eco-Pledge, by Spiritual Assembly of the Bahá'ís of Glasgow (2021). An illustrated booklet of environmental actions individuals and communities can take, presented as a tool to reflect on and enable practical action towards sustainable use of the world’s material resources; includes quotations from the Writings. [about]
- Greenland Promise, The, by Harry Liedtke (2012). Commentary on the misunderstood prediction of Abdu'l-Bahá that Greenland would one day become green again. [about]
- One Planet, One Habitation: A Bahá'í Perspective on Recasting Humanity's Relationship with the Natural World, by Bahá'í International Community (2022-06-01). A pictorial magazine-style overview of Bahá'í views on the environment, trusteeship, development, progress, and spirituality. [about]
- Principle of the Oneness of Humankind, The: Strong Foundationalism, Non-Adversarialism, and the Imperatives of Our Time, by Filip Boicu (2022). Some of the ways in which the concept of globalization has been framed in the recent past; the vision of Shoghi Effendi; The Seven Valleys and social change; moral codes and ethical living; the oneness of humankind and non-adversarialism. [about]
- Reflections on Climate Change: A Baha'i Response, by Rod Duncan, in Interreligious Insight, 8:1 (2010-01). Responses to climate change from members of various religious faiths. [about]
- Removing Poverty Through Virtues, by Badi Shams (2021-09). If humanity has more than enough food and resources for everyone, why do so many live in poverty? Humanity's materialistic rulers have failed to solve this issue. The solutions to extremes of wealth and poverty go beyond economic theories and norms. [about]
- Transforming Environments from the Inside Out, by Arthur Lyon Dahl (2009-08-13). [about]
- Об изменении климата и доверии к науке, by Universal House of Justice (2017-11-29). Всемирный Дом Справедливости обсуждает вопрос изменения климата и затрагивает более общие темы доверия к науке, важности избегания крайностей в дискуссиях, совещания бахаи и действий в связи с глобальными проблемами, стоящими перед человечеством. [about]
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.