Search for tag "Democracy"
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Alain Locke: Bahá'í Principles and the Salvation of Democracy, by Christopher Buck (2007). Long presentation in slide format on the history and influence of Alain Locke. [about]
- Alain Locke's Philosophy of Democracy, by Christopher Buck, in Studies in Bahá'i Philosophy, vol. 4 (2015). For Locke, democracy was more than its narrow political definition, but multidimensional, encompassing local, moral, political, economic, and cultural stages — a model against which he measured America’s fidelity to its democratic ideal. [about]
- Democratic Elections without Campaigns? Normative Foundations of National Baha'i Elections, by Arash Abizadeh, in World Order, 37:1 (2005). Article on the philosophical foundations and core values of Baha’i elections, with particular attention to its relation to democratic theory. [about]
- "Democratization" and the Bahá'í Administrative Order, by Universal House of Justice (2000). Letter regarding democracy, "Baha'i democratization," theocracy, authority, and the Bahá’í Administrative Order. [about]
- Iranian Millenarianism and Democratic Thought in the Nineteenth Century, by Juan Cole, in International Journal of Middle East Studies, 24:1 (1992). [about]
- Relating the Faith to Current Issues, by Peter J. Khan (1986). Short essay outlining an approach to relate the teachings to current thoughts and problems of humanity. [about]
- Western Liberal Democracy as a New World Order?, by Michael Karlberg, in Bahá'í World, 2005-2006 (2007). [about]