Search for tag "Encyclopedias"
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Basic Bahá'í Chronology, The, by Glenn Cameron, and Historical Dictionary of the Bahá'í Faith, by Hugh Adamson: Review, by William P. Collins, in Bahá'í Studies Review, 8 (1998). [about]
- Concise Encyclopedia of the Baha'i Faith, by Peter Smith, A: Review, by Edwin McCloughan, in Solas, 1 (2001). An invaluable reference book for Baha'i scholars. [about]
- Concise Encyclopedia of the Bahá'í Faith, by Peter Smith: Review, by William P. Collins, in Bahá'í Studies Review, 9 (1999). [about]
- Dilemmas and Prospects of Writing a Bahá'í Encyclopedia, by Will C. van den Hoonaard, in Journal of Bahá'í Studies, 2:1 (1989). [about]
- Internet Communications; Virgin Birth; Encyclopedia; Administrative Order, by Universal House of Justice (1996). Questions on email discussion groups and the Covenant, the Baha'i stance on the Virgin Birth of Christ, the spirituality of administrating, the spiritual destiny of the American Baha'i community, and the status of the Baha'i Encyclopedia. [about]
- Making the Invisible Visible: Introductory Books on the Bahá'í Faith, by Denis MacEoin, in Religion (iFirst), 42:3 (2012). Overview of contemporary issues in Baha'i scholarship from an outsider's perspective, including definition of "New Religious Movement," links to Islam, and the succession of authority in light of the truncated guardianship and the lack of schisms. [about]
- Mentions of the Bábí and Bahá'í Faiths in Encyclopedia Iranica: Sixty Excerpts, by Hamid Algar and Moojan Momen, in Encyclopaedia Iranica (1985). Excerpts of 60 articles in the Encyclopedia, with links to the offsite originals, which contain a reference to the Faith. These items are not long enough to warrant a separate entry in this Library, yet are included here for ease of discovery. [about]