Search for tag "Fundamentalism"
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Asking Questions: A Challenge to Fundamentalism and The Secret of our Century: Bahá'u'lláh, by Bahiyyih Nakhjavani: Reviews, by Cybele Sohrab, in Bahá'í Studies Review, 3:1 (1993). [about]
- Division and Unity in the Baha'i Community: Towards a Definition of Fundamentalism, by Moojan Momen (2009). 15 criteria that define "fundamentalism," and their applicability and/or inapplicability to the Baha'i community; it may be more useful to use a psychological definition that sees the phenomenon as a value-free cognitive style, a way of perceiving. [about]
- Fundamentalism and Liberalism: Towards an Understanding of the Dichotomy, by Moojan Momen, in Bahá'í Studies Review, 2:1 (1992). Explores extremes of religious belief in an attempt to understand their distinctions and commonalities. [about]
- Fundamentalism and Liberalism: Towards an Understanding of the Dichotomy, by Moojan Momen, in Reason and Revelation: Studies in the Babi and Bahá'í Religions, 13 (2002). Explores extremes of religious belief an attempt to understand their distinctions and commonalities. (Updated version.) [about]
- Power and the Bahá'í community, by Moojan Momen, in Lights of Irfan, 19 (2018). While Baha'i social teachings may have sounded new and exciting a century ago, that is no longer the case today. The problem the world faces is not in the principles that would lead to a better society, but in their application. [about]
- Religions of the World: Divisive or Divine?: A Look at Religious Fundamentalism, by Moojan Momen (2001). [about]