Search for tag "Inheritance"
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Additional Tablets, Extracts and Talks, by Abdu'l-Bahá (2018). 57 selections, updated 2019. [about]
- Considerations Relating to the Inheritance Laws of the Kitab-i-Aqdas, Some, by Sen McGlinn, in Bahá'í Studies Review, 5:1 (1995). Gender distinctions in the Bahá'í inheritance laws might at first glance seem to favor male heirs, but the laws actually create a symmetrical equality. [about]
- Discovering a Sacred Numerical Pattern from Baha'i Scriptures, by Romuald Boubou Moyo (2020). Brief analysis of the inheritance shares outlined in the Kitab-i-Aqdas and how the abjad system of numerology might shed light on hidden patterns. [about]
- Family Law in Iran, by Sen McGlinn (2001). Detailed overview of 20th-century Iranian laws regarding marriage, divorce, marriage rights and duties, dowry, and inheritance. Contains passing mentions of the Bahá'í Faith. [about]
- Inheritance, by Seena Fazel, in Bahá'í Studies Review, 4:1 (1994). The apparent contradiction between sexual equality and the unequal inheritance laws contained in the Aqdas. [about]
- Inheritance: Extracts from Four Tablets by Abdu'l-Bahá Concerning the Question of, by Abdu'l-Bahá (n.d.). [about]
- Inheritance Laws of Bahá'í Community: A Gendered Analysis of Inheritance Under the Kitab-i-Aqdas and the Indian Succession Act, by Ishita Kohli, in Indian Journal of Law and Legal Research, 3:1 (2021). Bahá'í laws create a symmetrical equality between sexes, via the principle of mutatis mutandis; the concept of private property and its effect on testamentary succession seen through a progressive and gender-neutral lens. [about]
- Inheritance Laws of the Baha'i Community and Gender Equality, by Sarthak Sharma, in International Journal of Legal Science and Innovation, 3:6 (2021). Examination of whether the Bahá'í Faith's teachings on gender-justice and equality are reflected in its inheritance laws and the Kitab-i-Aqdas; scholarly articles on this subject; comparison with Islamic provisions and law. [about]
- Inheritance Laws of the Kitab-i-Aqdas, by Sen McGlinn (1995). Conceptualizing the Kitab-i Aqdas as establishing a fixed and elaborate set of laws and requirements is misplaced; even in the most central issues there has been a radical development in Bahá'í law. [about]
- Question of Gender, A: A Forum on the Status of Men in Bahá'í Law, by Susan Maneck and Baharieh Rouhani Ma'ani, in dialogue magazine, 2:1 (1987). Six authors address issues of theology, sociology, law, inheritance, equality, the Kitáb-i-Aqdas, marriage, and feminism raised by John and Linda Walbridge's article "Bahá'í Laws on the Status of Men" (World Order 1984). [about]
- Will and Testament Blank Preamble (2020). A template for a personal will, free for any Bahá'í to use. [about]
- Wills and Inheritance, by Universal House of Justice (1996). Five questions about the writing of Bahá'í wills. Includes a list of which laws are not at present binding upon the friends in the western world, and a compilation of "Extracts from Four Tablets by Abdu'l-Bahá Concerning the Question of Inheritance." [about]
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.