Search for tag "Life (general)"
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Bahá'í Life, The: Excerpts from the Writings of the Guardian On, by Shoghi Effendi (n.d.). Compilation on living the Bahá'í life. [about]
- Bahá'í World, The: Volume 18 (1979-1983), in Bahá'í World (1986). Periodic volumes that survey the global activities and major achievements of the Faith. [about]
- Balance in life, and pioneering versus getting an education, by Universal House of Justice (1994-09-04). Achieving balance and planning in "each important area of one's life," including balancing the need for education and a profession and pioneering. [about]
- Chaste and Holy Life, A, by Bahá'u'lláh and Abdu'l-Bahá, in Compilation of Compilations, Volume 1 (1991). [about]
- Identity of Man Who Asked "What is the object of life to a Bahá'í?", by Universal House of Justice (2004-11-09). On the identity of the individual to whom Shoghi Effendi said "The object of life to a Bahá’í is to promote the oneness of mankind." [about]
- Life as Metaphor, by John S. Hatcher, in Bahá'í World, Vol. 18 (1979-1983) (1986). What is the moral rationale for physical reality? What is the proper relationship of human beings to physical reality? There are metaphorical reminders of our true nature and essential reality (e.g. the ageing process). [about]
- Living the Life, by Shoghi Effendi, in Compilation of Compilations, Volume 2 (1991). [about]
- Messages from the Universal House of Justice 1963-1986: Third Epoch of the Formative Age, by Universal House of Justice (1996). [about]
- Pattern of Bahá'í Life, The, by Bahá'u'lláh and Abdu'l-Bahá (1948). This compilation was first issued by the National Spiritual Assembly of the British Isles in 1948, and fully revised in 1990 on behalf of the Universal House of Justice by the National Spiritual Assembly of India. [about]
- Pattern of Bahá'í life, The (1948/1983). Quotes not readily available elsewhere online, from a compilation of Bahá'í Writings on personal character. [about]
- Prescription for Living, by Ruhiyyih (Mary Maxwell) Khanum (1950/1978/2015). Thoughts on how to weave a happy individual life and a happy, united, world life: on love and marriage, death, work, habits, sorrow and trial, and the Bahá'í teachings. [about]
- Psychology of Spirituality, The: From Divided Self to Integrated Self, by Hossain Danesh (2000). Explores what is the nature of human reality, the purpose of human life, transcendence, and whether we have free will, using case histories, in-depth analysis, and practical examples. First 3 chapters only. [about]
- "Share your time with God", by Universal House of Justice (2004-09-19). Source of the quotation "Share your time with God. Spend half of the day in search of livelihood," from a pilgrim's note. [about]
- Teaching the Faith, Magic Moments, Meeting Great Souls, by Jack McLean (2012-06-02). Autobiography of a prominent Bahá'í scholar, written on occasion of the 50th anniversary of his conversion. [about]
- Triumphing over our weaknesses, by Báb, The and Bahá'u'lláh (1998). Personal compilation [about]
- Unrestrained as the Wind: A Life Dedicated to Bahá'u'lláh (1985). Compilation of quotations on topics of especial interest to Bahá'í youth. [about]
- What it is to be a Bahá'í?: A letter to the Bahá'í youth from Ruhiyyih Khanum, by Ruhiyyih (Mary Maxwell) Khanum (1948). The object of life to a Bahá'í is to promote the oneness of mankind. [about]
- Why Are We Here: Meaning of Life: Warwick Leaflets, by Warwick Bahá'í Bookshop (2003). [about]
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.