Search for tag "Mormonism (Latter Day Saints)"
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Conversion of Mormonism, The, by George Townshend (1911). This booklet by a gentile setting up churches and schools in Utah is very kind toward the Mormons. The writer, broad minded about Utah's majority religion, outlines Mormon history before detailing his own church's mission to Utah. (No mention of Bahá'í.) [about]
- End of Days, by Moshe Sharon, in Lights of Irfan, 19 (2018). On the word “messiah”, the anointed, which describes the redeemer like a priest, consecrated by being anointed with holy oil; prophecies about the last days and the final coming; predictions about the time of the "end," which Bahá'ís interpret as 1863. [about]
- Five Questions: Loss of Voting Rights, Mani, Magi, Five-Pointed Star, Joseph Smith, by Universal House of Justice, in Bahá'í Studies Bulletin, 4:3-4:4 (1991-01). Responses to various questions. Closes with quotations on Confucianism and Genesis. [about]
- Investigating Spiritualization: Noticing, Processing and the Function of Time, by Sandra S. Fotos and Lynne Hansen (1995-10). Survey and analysis of the personal adoption of virtues among Mormons and Bahá'ís. [about]
- Is It Unethical to Evade Taxes in an Evil or Corrupt State?: A Look at Jewish, Christian, Muslim, Mormon and Bahá'í Perspectives, by Robert W. McGee, in Journal of Accounting, Ethics & Public Policy, 2:1 (1999 Winter). The ethics of tax evasion has been a neglected topic in both the accounting and ethical literature. This article reviews the recent literature, focusing on the question of whether tax evasion is ethical in a corrupt country. [about]
- Mormonism and the Bahá'í Faith, by William P. Collins, in Journal of Bahá'í Studies, 3:2 (1990). Historical contacts between Bahá’ís and Mormons; Mormon views of the Bahá’í Faith; Bahá’í views of Mormonism; literature on Mormons and Bahá’ís. [about]
- So Great a Cause!: A Surprising New Look at the Latter Day Saints, by Kenneth D. Stephens (1973). A thorough overview of parallels in the thought of Mormonism and the Bahá'í Faith. Book offsite, available free online as a temporary loan. [about]
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.