Search for tag "One Common Faith (commentary)"
|2005 (In the year)
||The publication of One Common Faith by the Universal House of Justice.
"The statement ‘One Common Faith’, prepared under the supervision of the Universal House of Justice, addresses the following fundamental question of the modern world: On one hand the facts of history show clearly that revealed (prophetic) religion has been the primary driving force of the rise of human civilization. On the other hand, the current forms of the respective communities derived from these same religions have now become one of the most divisive and destructive forces of the twenty-first century. How could such a thing have occurred?"
[Précis Commentary on ‘One Common Faith’ by William S. Hatcher]
Unlike the pamphlet written by George Townshend to all Christians under the title “The Old Churches and the New World Faith” in 1949 or the letter to the clergy in 2002, this statement is for "the thoughtful study of the friends". [One Common Faith p.iii-iv]
||One Common Faith (commentary); Interfaith dialogue; Universal House of Justice, Letters and messages; Unity of religion
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Century of Light, by Universal House of Justice (2001). Survey of the history and dramatic changes of the 20th Century and the Bahá'í Faith's emergence from obscurity, "demonstrating on a global scale the unifying power with which its Divine origin has endowed it." [about]
- One Common Faith, by Universal House of Justice (2005). Review of relevant passages from both the writings of Bahá'u'lláh and the scriptures of other faiths against the background of contemporary crises. [about]
- Permanence of Change, The: Contemporary Sociological and Bahá'í Perspectives, by Hoda Mahmoudi, in Journal of Bahá'í Studies, 18:1-4 (2008). Sociohistorical changes of the Axial Age and the Renaissance, sociological views on modernity and its contemporary challenges, and key features of modernity as identified in the Bahá’í writings as "the universal awakening of historical consciousness." [about]
- Précis Commentary on One Common Faith, by William S. Hatcher (2008). Commentary on the statement ‘One Common Faith’. [about]
- Une seule et même foi, by Universal House of Justice (2021). Des passages des écrits de Bahá'u'lláh et des écritures d'autres confessions qui éclairent les crises contemporaines. Traduction de One Common Faith. [about]
- Verge of the New, The: A Series of Talks, by Steven Phelps (2017-09-18). Introducing a way of looking at the past and future of religion in the context of the scientific revolution and the Enlightenment. Includes compilation of Writings on spiritual dislocation, science, language, spiritual evolution, nature, and revelation. [about]
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.