Search for tag "Petitions"
||The appeal by 53 Bahá'ís "in Baghdád" addressed to the United States Congress arrived at the American Consulate in Beirut. [BBR265, Petition from the Persian Reformers]
Also see An 1867 Petition from Bahá'ís in Shushtar, Iran, to the U.S. Congress translated by Manuchehr Derakhshani and Nesreen Akhtarkhavari.
||Petitions; United States government; Persecution, Iran; Persecution, Other; Persecution
||Bahá'ís of Sidih and Najafábád, after having received no help or protection, went to Tihrán to petition the Sháh. [BW18:383]
||Tihran; Sidih; Najafabad; Iran
||Persecution, Iran; Persecution, Other; Persecution; Petitions
|1890. 25 Feb
||Seven Bahá'ís from Sidih who had gone to Tihrán to petition the Sháh for protection, secured a decree from him permitting them to return home. When they try to enter Sidih they were killed. [BBRXXIX, 285–9; BW18:383]
||Sidih; Tihran; Iran
||Persecution, Iran; Persecution, Deaths; Persecution; Petitions
|1926 16 Jul
||The National Spiritual Assembly of the Bahá’ís of the United States and Canada mades representations to the Iranian government concerning the martyrdoms in Jahrum and asking the Sháh to intervene on behalf of the oppressed Bahá’ís. [BBR469; BW2:287]
For text of the petition see BW2:287–300.
||United States; Jahrum; Iran
||NSA; Petitions; Persecution, Iran; Persecution; Human rights
|1928 11 Sep
||The National Spiritual Assembly of the Bahá’ís of Iraq submitted a petition to the Permanent Mandates Commission of the League of Nations for the return of the House of Bahá’u’lláh in Baghdád. [BW3:198–206]
See BA164-165 for letter from Shoghi Effendi.
Text of the Petition>
||Petitions; League of Nations; House of Bahaullah (Baghdad)
|1932 10 Jun
||The American National Spiritual Assembly addresseed a petition to the Sháh of Iran requesting that the ban on Bahá’í literature be removed and asking that its representative, Mrs Keith Ransom-Kehler, be recognized to present in person the appeal. [BW5:390–1]
||United States; Iran
||NSA; Petitions; Reza Shah Pahlavi; Shahs; Keith Ransom-Kehler; Persecution, Iran; Persecution, Bans; Persecution
|1932 15 Aug
||Keith Ransom-Kehler met the Iranian Court Minister Taymur Tash. [BW5:392]
She presented the American petition to him asking that the ban on Bahá’í literature in Iran be lifted and received assurances from him that this would be affected. [BW5:392]
She made seven successive petitions addressed to the Sháh of Persia. [GPB345]
For the history and unsuccessful outcome of this effort see BW5:391–8.
||Iran; United States
||Keith Ransom-Kehler; NSA; Petitions; Reza Shah Pahlavi; Shahs; Keith Ransom-Kehler; Persecution, Iran; Persecution, Bans; Persecution
|1971 (In the year)
||Following the prohibition of Bahá’í activity in Egypt in 1960, Egyptian Bahá’ís put forward a petition to the Supreme Constitutional Court seeking to overturn the presidential decree as unconstitutional.
||Persecution, Egypt; Persecution, Bans; Persecution; Petitions
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- 1867 Petition from Bahá'ís in Shushtar, Iran, to the U.S. Congress, An, in World Order, 37:3 (2006). A petition sent by Bahá'ís in Persia in 1867 to the US Consulate general, seeking assistance in getting Baha'u'llah released from imposed exile. Includes introduction, prepared on behalf of the US NSA. [about]
- Fifty Three Years In Syria, by Henry H. Jessup (1910). Passing encounters between Baha'is and a Christian missionary in Iran, 1867-1901. [about]
- House of Baha'u'llah in Baghdad: Case before the League of Nations, by National Spiritual Assembly of the Bahá'ís of 'Iraq (1928). [about]
- Minutes of the Fourteenth Session, 1928, by Permanent Mandates Commission (1928). Petition to the League of Nations from the Spiritual Assembly of Baghdad regarding confiscation of property. [about]
- Minutes of the Sixteenth Session, 1929, by Permanent Mandates Commission (1929). Petition from the Bahai Spiritual Assembly of Baghdad regarding the confiscation of property; measures taken after the Council's decision. [about]
- Palestine: A Study of Jewish, Arab, and British Policies, volume 2, by Esco Foundation for Palestine (1947). One-page discussion of Baha'is being evicted from properties in Iraq, and their appeal to the League of Nations Permanent Mandates Commission. [about]
- Petition from the Persian Reformers (1867). A petition sent by Baha'is in Baghdad and Shushtar, Iran, in 1867 to the US Consulate general, seeking assistance in getting Baha'u'llah released from imposed exile. [about]