Search for tag "Repetition"
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Bahá'u'lláh's 'Long Healing Prayer' ("Lawḥ-i-Anta'l-Káfí") in Light of a Metaphysics of Unity, by Daniel Azim Pschaida, in Journal of Bahá'í Studies, 31:3 (2022-03). On the originality and deep coherence of this prayer as expressed by its rhyme, alliterations, and structures organized around the number 19; the prayer is an invitation to meditate on God’s names, and see reality in a metaphysics of wholeness and unity. [about]
- Contacting the Universal House of Justice; Obligatory Prayer, Greatest Name, Exemptions, by Universal House of Justice (1998-01-02). Procedures on contacting the Universal House of Justice; memorandum on obligatory prayer, reciting the Greatest Name, and exemptions from prayer. [about]
- Dhikr: in the Bábí and Bahá'í Religions, by Moojan Momen, in Encyclopaedia Iranica, Volume 7 (1996). Very brief article, short enough to qualify as "fair use." [about]
- Elucidation of the Meaning of The Greatest Name, by Mirza Abu'l-Fadl Gulpaygani (1945?). Explanation of "The Greatest Name," with words of Abdu'l-Bahá, as copied by May Maxwell. Source and date not known. [about]
- Explanations Concerning Sacred Mysteries, by Mirza Asad'Ullah (1902). Essays on the book of Daniel, and on the mysteries of: daily sacrifice, the kingdom, death, prayers for the dead, the figure 9, Jonah, fasting, and prayer. [about]
- Invocation 'Is There Any Remover of Difficulties Save God...', The, by Muhammad Afnan (2023). Short overview of the historical background of the Báb's invocation. [about]
- Laws of the Kitab-i-Aqdas, Further Application of, by Universal House of Justice (1999-12-28). Announcement to the Bahá'í world that all elements of the laws dealing with obligatory prayer and fasting are now applicable.
- Meditation, Prayer, and Spiritualization, by Universal House of Justice (1983-09-01). Practicing personal spirituality and methods for achieving spiritual growth. [about]
- Obligatory Prayer, Ablutions, and Repetition of the Greatest Name, by Universal House of Justice (2004-06-06). On recitation of the specific verses associated with the performance of ablutions for the medium Obligatory Prayer. Includes compilation of references regarding repetition of the Greatest Name 95 times per a Day. [about]
- Obligatory Prayer, Questions about, by Universal House of Justice (2000-11-28). Answers to four questions about reciting prayers at meetings; changing language gender; repetition of Greatest Name; and raising hands. [about]
- Prayer for Shaykh Kázim Samandar: Authorised Translation of Bahá'u'lláh's Prayers for Jináb-i-Samandarí, by Bahá'u'lláh, in Online Journal of Bahá'í Studies, 1 (2007). Authorised translation of a prayer for decision making. [about]
- Prayer for Shaykh Kázim Samandar (Múnáját-i-Jináb-i-Samandarí), by Bahá'u'lláh and Universal House of Justice (2001-08-29). Brief prayer revealed by Bahá'u'lláh to aid in making decisions. Translation and accompanying letter by the Bahá'í World Centre. [about]
- Prayers of Bahá'u'lláh, The, by Ruhiyyih (Mary Maxwell) Khanum, in Bahá'í World, Vol. 9 (1940–1944) (1945). Essay about various prayers and meditations of Bahá'u'lláh. [about]
- Tablet of the Temple (Súratu'l-Haykal): Wilmette Institute faculty notes, by Iraj Ayman (1999). [about]
- Translation of Key Bahá'í Terms, by Universal House of Justice (2015-05-19). Arabic terms such as "Alláh-u-Abhá", "Yá Bahá’u’l-Abhá", “Mashriqu’l-Adhkár," "Ḥazíratu’l-Quds," and "Bahá" should generally not be translated into other languages, for translations are too inadequate. [about]
- Yá Alláhu'l-Mustagháth": Original Source, Correct Transliteration and Translation, by Universal House of Justice (2001-12-28). About an invocation revealed by the Báb, prescribed for recitation in times of trouble and difficulty. [about]
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.