Search for tag "Repetition"
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Bahá'u'lláh's 'Long Healing Prayer' ("Lawḥ-i-Anta'l-Káfí") in Light of a Metaphysics of Unity, by Daniel Azim Pschaida, in Journal of Bahá'í Studies, 31:3 (2022). On the originality and deep coherence of this prayer as expressed by its rhyme, alliterations, and structures organized around the number 19; the prayer is an invitation to meditate on God’s names, and see reality in a metaphysics of wholeness and unity. [about]
- Contacting the Universal House of Justice; Obligatory Prayer, Greatest Name, Exemptions, by Universal House of Justice (1998). Procedures on contacting the Universal House of Justice; memorandum on obligatory prayer, reciting the Greatest Name, and exemptions from prayer. [about]
- Dhikr: in the Bábí and Bahá'í Religions, by Moojan Momen, in Encyclopaedia Iranica, Volume 7 (1996). Very brief article, short enough to qualify as "fair use." [about]
- Elucidation of the Meaning of The Greatest Name, by Mirza Abu'l-Fadl Gulpaygani (1945). Explanation of "The Greatest Name," with words of Abdu'l-Bahá, as copied by May Maxwell. Source and date not known. [about]
- Laws of the Kitab-i-Aqdas, Further Application of, by Universal House of Justice (1999). Announcement to the Bahá'í world that all elements of the laws dealing with obligatory prayer and fasting are now applicable.
- Meditation, Prayer, and Spiritualization, by Universal House of Justice (1983). Practicing personal spirituality and methods for achieving spiritual growth. [about]
- Obligatory Prayer, Ablutions, and Repetition of the Greatest Name, by Universal House of Justice (2004). On recitation of the specific verses associated with the performance of ablutions for the medium Obligatory Prayer. Includes compilation of references regarding repetition of the Greatest Name 95 times per a Day. [about]
- Obligatory Prayer, Questions about, by Universal House of Justice (2000). Answers to four questions about reciting prayers at meetings; changing language gender; repetition of Greatest Name; and raising hands. [about]
- Prayer for Shaykh Kázim Samandar, by Bahá'u'lláh and Universal House of Justice (2001). Brief prayer revealed by Bahá'u'lláh to aid in making decisions. Translation and accompanying letter by the Bahá'í World Centre. [about]
- Prayer for Shaykh Kázim Samandar: Authorised Translation of Bahá'u'lláh's Prayers for Jináb-i-Samandarí, by Bahá'u'lláh, in Online Journal of Bahá'í Studies, 1 (2007). Authorised translation of a prayer for decision making. [about]
- Prayers of Bahá'u'lláh, The, by Ruhiyyih (Mary Maxwell) Khanum, in Bahá'í World, Vol. 9 (1940–1944) (1945). Essay about various prayers and meditations of Bahá'u'lláh. [about]
- Tablet of the Temple (Súratu'l-Haykal): Wilmette Institute faculty notes, by Iraj Ayman (1999). [about]
- Translation of Key Bahá'í Terms, by Universal House of Justice (2015). Arabic terms such as "Alláh-u-Abhá", "Yá Bahá’u’l-Abhá", “Mashriqu’l-Adhkár," "Ḥazíratu’l-Quds," and "Bahá" should generally not be translated into other languages, for translations are too inadequate. [about]
- Yá Alláhu'l-Mustagháth": Original Source, Correct Transliteration and Translation, by Universal House of Justice (2001). [about]
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.