Search for tag "Suffering"
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Answered Questions, Some, by Abdu'l-Bahá (2014). 'Table talks' given by ‘Abdu’l‑Bahá in ‘Akká between 1904 and 1906 in response to questions posed by Laura Dreyfus-Barney; first published in 1908, the new 2014 edition has been extensively retranslated. [about]
- Bahá'í's View of Disability, A, by Paul Booth (1999). [about]
- Compilation "L'état actuel de désordre et de confusion du monde," Centre International d'Enseignement, by Bahá'u'lláh and Abdu'l-Bahá (2020-09). Compilation du Centre International d'Enseignement. [about]
- Constructive Resilience, by Firaydoun Javaheri, in Journal of Bahá'í Studies, 28:4 (2018). How the perseverance of the Bahá'ís in Iran has resulted in the generality of the Iranian people beginning to admire and, in some cases, arising to assist the Bahá'ís. [about]
- Exalted Letters (Hurúfát-i-'Álín), The: Overview, by John Walbridge, in Sacred Acts, Sacred Space, Sacred Time: Bahá'í Studies volume 1 (1996). [about]
- Exposition on the Fire Tablet by Bahá'u'lláh, An, by James B. Thomas, in Lights of Irfan, Book 3 (2002). A description of Bahá'u'lláh's Fire Tablet, a dialogue between himself and God on suffering and sacrifice, and an account of its historical context; mystical intercourse between the twin stations of Bahá'u'lláh, human and divine. [about]
- Introduction to the Doctrines of Soul and Enlightenment in Mahayana Buddhism and the Bahá'í Faith, An, by Yeo Yew Hock, in Singapore Bahá'í Studies Review, vol. 3 (1998). The development of Mahayana and how the Chinese people adopted and adapted it; non-self/enlightenment vs. the "True Poverty and Absolute Nothingness" of the Seven Valleys; sunyata/emptiness and Buddhist monism vs. the Valley of Unity's nonduality.
- Letter to Frau Alice Schwarz-Solivo of a Talk by Abdu'l-Baha, by Josephina Fallscheer, in Der Sonner Der Wahrheit (1933-04). On the 'freedom of will', inheritance and instinct.
- Light and Mercy: Mental Health and Tests and Difficulties, by Bahá'u'lláh and Abdu'l-Bahá (2021). The physical and mental impact of the continuing pandemic is evident around us, and the members of the Baha’i community are not immune. This publication will be of assistance and support to the friends both individually and collectively. [about]
- Light Was in the Darkness, The: Reflections on the Growth that Hides in the Pain of Suffering, by Michael L. Penn, in Bahá'í World (2020-07). Existential stress and its relationship to individual growth and development, drawing on the rich spiritual and philosophical heritage of humanity. [about]
- List of Articles on BahaiTeachings.org, by John S. Hatcher (2021). List of online essays and articles by Dr. John Hatcher. [about]
- Little Book of Comfort / Librito Reconfortante, by Lesley Shams (2015). The reason for suffering and tools to transform it; words of comfort and prayers. La razón del suframiento y herramientas para transformarlo; palabras de consuelo y oraciones. [about]
- Meaning of Suffering and the Mystery of Sacrifice, The: Selections from the Bahá'í Holy Writings (2007). [about]
- Mental Tests, by Universal House of Justice (1995-03-12). Meaning of the phrase "mental tests" in the writings of Abdu'l-Bahá and of Shoghi Effendi. Includes short compilation of relevant passages. [about]
- Messages from the Universal House of Justice 1963-1986: Third Epoch of the Formative Age, by Universal House of Justice (1996). [about]
- Pilgrims Notes and the "Calamity", by International Teaching Centre (1984-07-01). Status of Pilgrims' Notes and their discussion of the catastrophic events some Bahá'ís believe might occur around the turn of the millennium. [about]
- Psychological and Spiritual Dimensions of Persecution and Suffering, by Abdu'l-Missagh Ghadirian, in Journal of Bahá'í Studies, 6:3 (1994). Persecution of the Bahá’ís of Iran as an example of spiritual resilience: what are the spiritual meanings of suffering? When confronted with persecution or torture, why do some individuals show radiant acceptance; what role do faith and belief play? [about]
- Questions and Answers 1950-51, by Mirra Alfassa (1951/1972). Recollections of Abdu'l-Bahá speaking about sacrifice and suffering by a leading spiritual collaborator of Sri Aurobindo. [about]
- Suffering of Bahá'u'lláh, The, by Bahá'u'lláh and Abdu'l-Bahá, in Deepening Portfolio Number 3 (1974). [about]
- Suffering of the Exalted Letters, by Bahá'u'lláh (2017). Tablet written in Baghdad about death and the development of the human soul. [about]
- Suffering, The Meaning of: Warwick Leaflets, by Warwick Bahá'í Bookshop (1990). [about]
- Sufferings of Bahá'u'lláh and Their Significance, The, by George Townshend, in Bahá'í World, Vol. 12 (April 1950-1954) (1956). Short essay on martyrdom and the Fire Tablet. [about]
- Tests: Their Spiritual Value, by Mamie L. Seto (1940). Abdu'l-Bahá's views on the spiritual effects of suffering and trials, and their necessity for personal growth of the soul. [about]
- Translation List: Provisional Translations of Baháʼí Literature (2009-2023). Index to talks, letters, and other items translated from Persian and Arabic to English by Adib Masumian; listed here for the sake of search engines and tagging. [about]
- Why Are We Here: Meaning of Life: Warwick Leaflets, by Warwick Bahá'í Bookshop (2003). [about]
- World's Current State of Disorder and Confusion, The, by Bahá'u'lláh and Abdu'l-Bahá (2020-09). Compilation of passages relevant to contemporary issues of 2020, and the appropriate disposition of the Bahá'ís. [about]
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.