Search for tag "Suffering"
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Answered Questions, Some, by Abdu'l-Bahá (2014). New 2014 translation (with a version side-by-side with the original). [about]
- Bahá'í's View of Disability, A, by Paul Booth (1999). [about]
- Compilation "L'état actuel de désordre et de confusion du monde," Centre International d'Enseignement, by Bahá'u'lláh and Abdu'l-Bahá (2020). Compilation du Centre International d'Enseignement. [about]
- Exalted Letters (Hurúfát-i-'Álín), The: Overview, by John Walbridge, in Sacred Acts, Sacred Space, Sacred Time: Bahá'í Studies volume 1 (1996). [about]
- Introduction to the Doctrines of Soul and Enlightenment in Mahayana Buddhism and the Bahá'í Faith, An, by Yeo Yew Hock, in Singapore Bahá'í Studies Review, vol. 3 (1998). The development of Mahayana and how the Chinese people adopted and adapted it; non-self/enlightenment vs. the "True Poverty and Absolute Nothingness" of the Seven Valleys; sunyata/emptiness and Buddhist monism vs. the Valley of Unity's nonduality.
- Letter to Frau Alice Schwarz-Solivo of a Talk by Abdu'l-Baha, by Josephina Fallscheer, in Der Sonner Der Wahrheit (1935). [about]
- List of Articles on BahaiTeachings.org, by John Hatcher (2015). List of online essays and articles by Dr. John Hatcher. [about]
- Meaning of Suffering and the Mystery of Sacrifice, The: Selections from the Bahá'í Holy Writings (2007). [about]
- Mental Tests, by Universal House of Justice (1995). Meaning of the phrase "mental tests" in the writings of Abdu'l-Baha and of Shoghi Effendi. Includes short compilation of relevant passages. [about]
- Messages from the Universal House of Justice 1963-1986: Third Epoch of the Formative Age, by Universal House of Justice (1996). [about]
- Pilgrims Notes and the "Calamity", by International Teaching Centre (1984). Status of Pilgrims' Notes and their discussion of the catastrophic events some Baha'is believe might occur around the turn of the millennium. [about]
- Psychological and Spiritual Dimensions of Persecution and Suffering, by Abdu'l-Missagh Ghadirian, in Journal of Bahá'í Studies, 6:3 (1994). [about]
- Questions and Answers 1950-51, by Mirra Alfassa (1951). The Mother's recollections of Abdu'l-Baha speaking to her about sacrifice and suffering. [about]
- Suffering of Bahá'u'lláh, The, by Bahá'u'lláh and Abdu'l-Bahá, in Deepening Portfolio Number 3 (1974). [about]
- Suffering of the Exalted Letters, by Bahá'u'lláh (2017). Tablet written in Baghdad about death and the development of the human soul. [about]
- Suffering, The Meaning of: Warwick Leaflets, by Warwick Bahá'í Bookshop (1990). [about]
- Tests: Their Spiritual Value, by Mamie L. Seto (1940). Abdu'l-Baha's views on the spiritual effects of suffering and trials, and their necessity for personal growth of the soul. [about]
- The Light Was in the Darkness: Reflections on the Growth that Hides in the Pain of Suffering, by Michael L. Penn, in Bahá'í World (2020). Existential stress and its relationship to individual growth and development, drawing on the rich spiritual and philosophical heritage of humanity. [about]
- Why Are We Here: Meaning of Life: Warwick Leaflets, by Warwick Bahá'í Bookshop (2003). [about]
- World's Current State of Disorder and Confusion, The, by Bahá'u'lláh and Abdu'l-Bahá (2020). Compilation of passages that could be relevant to contemporary issues of 2020, and the appropriate disposition of the Baha'is. [about]