Search for tag "Huququllah"
|1873. Early part
||Bahá'u'lláh completes the revelation of The Kitáb-i-Aqdas in the southeast corner room of the house of `Údí Khammár. [BBD132; BKG351; DH46; GPB213; RB3:275; SA248]
- There is evidence to suggest that at least some of the work was written earlier as confirmed by the book's reference to the fall of Napoleon III in 1870 and there is further evidence to suggest that parts of The Kitáb-i-Aqdas were revealed as early as 1868. [SA16–17, 248]
- For the significance of The Kitáb-i-Aqdas see BKG351–3, BW15:87–91, GPB213–15 and RB3:275–399.
- For analyses of its significance, content and application, see RB3:275–399 and SA248–52.
- The Law of the Huqúqu'lláh that had first been ordained by the Báb in the Persian Bayán, chapter 19 of unit 5, was reiterated in the Kitáb-i-Aqdas, verses 227-233 and in the Questions and Answers.
- At first Bahá'u'lláh declined to accept the Huqúq from the believers stating that the funds were not needed. [Huqúqu'lláh: The Right of God p9]
- "After the Kitáb-i-Aqdas had been revealed in response to the pleas of the friends, Bahá’u’lláh withheld it from publication for some time and even then, when a number of devoted Bahá’ís, having learned of the law, endeavored to offer the Ḥuqúqu’lláh, the payment was not accepted. The Tablets of Bahá’u’lláh show His acute consciousness of the way in which material wealth has been permitted to degrade religion in the past, and He preferred the Faith to sacrifice all material benefits rather than to soil to the slightest degree its dignity and purity. Herein is a lesson for all Bahá’í institutions for all time." [Message from the Universal House of Justice dated 25 March, 1987]
|House of `Údi Khammar
||Kitab-i-Aqdas (Most Holy Book); Napoleon III; Huququllah; - Basic timeline; Laws (general)
|1955 to 2007
||The Fifth Trustee of the Huqúqu'lláh was 'Ali-Muhammad Varqá. He inherited both the Trusteeship and the station of Hand of the Cause of God from his father upon his passing. [Message from the Universal House of Justice dated 25 March, 1985]
- During his tenure the compilation Huqúqu'lláh was published (1985) by the Universal House of Justice.
- The delegates gathered at the National Convention of the Bahá'ís of the United States in 1984 petitioned the Universal House of Justice to make the Law of the Huqúqu'lláh applicable in their country. (Up to this point the law only applied to Bahá'is of Persian origin.) The Universal House of Justice replied that it was not yet time for such a measure but did agree to make more information available in preparation for such a time. [Message from the Universal House of Justice dated 3 January, 1985, AWH30]
- Friends in Austria and the United States had published codifications on the Law of the Huqúqu'lláh and so the the benefit of the believers everywhere the Research Department at the World Centre was asked to prepare a brief history and a Codification. This information was sent to all national assemblies in the Message from the Universal House of Justice dated 25 March, 1987.
- In 1991 the Central Office of Huqúqu'lláh was established in the Holy Land under the direction of the Chief Trustee in anticipation of the worldwide application of the law. Subsequently regional and national boards were established. [Message from the Universal House of Justice dated 26 November, 1991]
- With the publication of the Kitáb-i-Aqdas in English in 1992 the law of the Huqúqu'lláh became universally applicable.
- In 2005 an International Board of Trustees of the Huqúqu'lláh was established to guide the regional and national boards. Three members appointed to the Board were Sally Foo, Ramin Khadem, and Grant Kvalheim. Their term of office was to be determined. [Ridván 2005]
- The last Hand of the Cause of Cause and Trustee of the Huqúqu'llah, Alí Muhammad Varqá, passed away in Haifa on the 22nd of September, 2007. [BWNS579]
||Fifth Trustee of the Huququllah; Ali-Muhammad Varqa; Hands of the Cause; Trustees of the Huququllah; Huququllah
from the main catalogue
- Amín Hájjí: trustees of Huqúqu'lláh, by Moojan Momen, in Encyclopaedia Iranica, Volume 1 (1985). Very brief article, short enough to qualify as "fair use." [about]
- Huqúqu'lláh, by Bahá'u'lláh and Abdu'l-Bahá, in Compilation of Compilations, Volume I (1991). [about]
- Huqúqu'lláh: The Right of God, by Aflatoon Payman, in 75 Years of the Bahá'í Faith in Australasia (1996). [about]
- Huqúqu'lláh: The Right of God, by Bahá'u'lláh and Abdu'l-Bahá (2007). [about]
- Huququ'llah Transactions, Examples of, by Universal House of Justice (1991). Information and examples about calculating Huququ'llah transactions. [about]
- Huququ'llah, Sixteen Questions about, by Universal House of Justice (1991). Sixteen detailed questions about Huququ'llah, submitted by a Baha'i attorney. [about]
- Unique Features of Bahá'í Service, by Peter J. Khan (2006). On spiritual forces in the universe, the nature of Huququ'llah, the concept of sanctification, and developing a culture of learning to explore the power of the Creative Word. [about]