Search for location "Ahvaz"
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
|1937 (In the year)
||The persecution of the Bahá’ís in Iran continued throughout the country. [BW18:389]
Many Bahá’ís employed in the police force, army and government departments were dismissed.
Six members of the Local Spiritual Assembly of Ahváz were arrested.
Bahá’ís who closed their shops on Bahá’í holy days in Bandar Sháh were arrested.
All Bahá’í meetings in Kirmánsháh, Bírjand, Arák and other towns were prohibited by police order.
Five Bahá’í families were attacked in their homes in Cham-tang, near Hindíyán. They were severely beaten and forced to leave the village.
||Iran; Ahvaz; Bandar Shah; Kirmanshah; Birjand; Arak; Cham-tang
||Persecution, Iran; Persecution, Arrests; Persecution, Other; Persecution; LSA; Holy days
|1955 9 May
||The Bahá’í centre at Ahváz, Iran, was taken over. [BW18:390]
||Persecution, Iran; Persecution, Other; Persecution; Haziratul-Quds
- Locations are simplified spellings used to find documents on a similar topic but with various titles.
- Searches match parts of a location: searching for state will also show United States.
- 1- and 2-letter words will not be searched.
- Please contact us if you can help add locations.
- See also all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.