Search for location "Paynesville"
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
|1987 24 Mar
||Radio Bahá’í of Liberia (ELRB), the first Bahá’í-owned radio station in Africa, was inaugurated in Paynesville. [BINS164:6; BW19:121; VV77]
The initial broadcast was aired in December reached most of Liberia as well as parts of Guinea, Ivory Coast and Sierra Leone with its short wave signal, ELRB soon attracted a diverse and enthusiastic audience with its blend of cultural, service and Bahá’í programming. [BNno685p5]
This radio station was destroyed during the civil conflict and has not been re-established.
||Bahai radio; Bahai-owned radio; Firsts, Other
- Locations are simplified spellings used to find documents on a similar topic but with various titles.
- Searches match parts of a location: searching for state will also show United States.
- 1- and 2-letter words will not be searched.
- Please contact us if you can help add locations.
- See also all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.