Search for tag "Finality"
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Bahá'í Approach to the Claim of Finality in Islam, A, by Seena Fazel and Khazeh Fananapazir, in Journal of Bahá'í Studies, 5:3 (1993). Survey of the terms "prophet" and "seal," and a Bahá'í reconciliation of these terms with progressive revelation. [about]
- Bahá'í Faith and Islam (2013). Overview of connections and contrasts between the Bahá'í Faith and its parent religion. [about]
- Baha'i Reflections on the "Seal of the Prophets", by Christopher Buck (2013-2017). Three blog entries of personal reflections: Unsealing the “Seal of the Prophets” (2013); The Seal of the Prophets: Meeting God on the Last Day (2016); Muhammad: the Last Prophet? (2017). [about]
- Beyond the "Seal of the Prophets": Bahá'u'lláh's Book of Certitude, by Christopher Buck, in Religious Texts in Iranian Languages, ed. Fereydoun Vahman and Claus V. Pedersen (2007). The Bábí background of the Iqán, the nature of interpretation and exegesis, and the place of Muhammad. [about]
- Commentary on the Azhar's Statement regarding Bahá'ís and Bahá'ísm, by Mohsen Enayat, in Bahá'í Studies Review, 2:1 (1992). Response to an official 1986 pronouncement on the Faith by this prominent Egyptian university. [about]
- Comparison of the concepts of Prophet and Messenger in Islam and Manifestation in the Baha'i Faith, by Richard Ater (1997). Analytical overview of the theology of prophethood in both religions. [about]
- Keys to the Proper Understanding of Islam in "The Dispensation of Baha'u'llah", by Brian Wittman, in Lights of Irfan, 2 (2001). Some references to Islam in Shoghi Effendi's English-language writings. [about]
- L'islam, religion éternelle?: une approche bahá'íe de la revendication à la complétude, by Seena Fazel and Khazeh Fananapazir (1993). French translation of "A Bahá'í Approach to the Claim of Finality in Islam." [about]
- Notes on Bahá'í Proofs Based on the Qur'an, Some (2000-08). Compilation by the National Spiritual Assembly of the Bahá'ís of Central and East Africa [about]
- Personal Interpretation of the term 'Seal of the Prophets', by Kamran Hakim (1997). A lengthy examination of the terms khatam, "seal," and Nabi, "Prophet," and their meanings in Islam. [about]
- Symbol and Secret: Qur'an Commentary in Baha'u'llah's Kitab-i-Iqan, by Christopher Buck (1995/2012/2021). Comparative study of tafsir, exegesis, and theology in the Qur'an and the Kitab-i-Iqan. Includes Persian translation. [about]
- Tablet to Hasan-i-Sháhábadí (Lawh-i-Hasan-i-Sháhábadí), by Bahá'u'lláh (2002-02-14). A tablet from the Akka period, addressed to a certain Hasan living in Sháhábad of Arak in central Irán, in which Bahá'u'lláh comments on Muhammad as the "Seal of the Prophets." [about]
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.