Search for tag "Seal of the Prophets"
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Aspects of Isrá'íliyyát and the Emergence of the Bábí-Bahá'í Interpretation of the Bible, Some, by Stephen Lambden (2002). Islamic "Israelitica" literary traditions, the Bible, and their relationship to the Bábí and Bahá'í religions. Includes discussion of the Greatest Name, Ism Alláh al-A'zam. [about]
- Bahá'í Approach to the Claim of Finality in Islam, A, by Seena Fazel and Khazeh Fananapazir, in Journal of Bahá'í Studies, 5:3 (1993). Survey of the terms "prophet" and "seal," and a Bahá'í reconciliation of these terms with progressive revelation. [about]
- Bahá'í Faith and Islam (2013). Overview of connections and contrasts between the Bahá'í Faith and its parent religion. [about]
- Baha'i Reflections on the "Seal of the Prophets", by Christopher Buck (2013-2017). Three blog entries of personal reflections: Unsealing the “Seal of the Prophets” (2013); The Seal of the Prophets: Meeting God on the Last Day (2016); Muhammad: the Last Prophet? (2017). [about]
- Baha'u'llah: The Great Announcement of the Qur'an, by Muhammad Mustafa (1993). Meanings of some of the verses of the Qur'an, as viewed from the perspective of the Writings of the Bahá'í Faith. [about]
- Beyond the "Seal of the Prophets": Bahá'u'lláh's Book of Certitude, by Christopher Buck, in Religious Texts in Iranian Languages, ed. Fereydoun Vahman and Claus V. Pedersen (2007). The Bábí background of the Iqán, the nature of interpretation and exegesis, and the place of Muhammad. [about]
- Commentary on the Azhar's Statement regarding Bahá'ís and Bahá'ísm, by Mohsen Enayat, in Bahá'í Studies Review, 2:1 (1992). Response to an official 1986 pronouncement on the Faith by this prominent Egyptian university. [about]
- Comparison of the concepts of Prophet and Messenger in Islam and Manifestation in the Baha'i Faith, by Richard Ater (1997). Analytical overview of the theology of prophethood in both religions. [about]
- Keys to the Proper Understanding of Islam in "The Dispensation of Baha'u'llah", by Brian Wittman, in Lights of Irfan, 2 (2001). Some references to Islam in Shoghi Effendi's English-language writings. [about]
- Kitab-i Iqan, The: An Introduction to Baha'u'llah's Book of Certitude with Two Digital Reprints of Early Lithographs, by Christopher Buck, in Occasional Papers in Shaykhí, Bábí and Bahá'í Studies, 2:5 (1998-06). Overview of the history and themes of the preeminent doctrinal work of the Bahá'í Faith. [about]
- L'islam, religion éternelle?: une approche bahá'íe de la revendication à la complétude, by Seena Fazel and Khazeh Fananapazir (1993). French translation of "A Bahá'í Approach to the Claim of Finality in Islam." [about]
- Last Prophet and Last Day: Shaykhí, Bábí and Bahá'í Exegesis of the 'Seal of the Prophets' (Q. 33:40), by Christopher Buck and Youli A. Ioannesyan, in Religions, 14:3 (2023). Survey and analysis of viewpoints on the meaning of "Seal of the Prophets"; the prophetic cycle and cycle of fulfillment; metaphorical and spiritual understandings of the "divine presence." Link to article (offsite). [about]
- List of Articles on BahaiTeachings.org, by John S. Hatcher (2021). List of online essays and articles by Dr. John Hatcher. [about]
- Notes on Bahá'í Proofs Based on the Qur'an, Some (2000-08). Compilation by the National Spiritual Assembly of the Bahá'ís of Central and East Africa [about]
- Personal Interpretation of the term 'Seal of the Prophets', by Kamran Hakim (1997). A lengthy examination of the terms khatam, "seal," and Nabi, "Prophet," and their meanings in Islam. [about]
- "Seal of the Prophets" and "Divine Presence": Why These Two Key Verses Should Be Read Together, by Christopher Buck (2022-06). On two verses from the Qur'án on Muhammad as the "Seal of the Prophets" and the meaning of "attainment unto the divine Presence"; Shoghi Effendi as translator; comments by Nader Saiedi and Dergham Aqiqi; explanations from Kamalu'd-Din Bakhtavar. [about]
- Symbol and Secret: Qur'an Commentary in Baha'u'llah's Kitab-i-Iqan, by Christopher Buck (1995/2012/2021). Comparative study of tafsir, exegesis, and theology in the Qur'an and the Kitab-i-Iqan. Includes Persian translation. [about]
- Tablet of Patience (Surih Sabr): Declaration of Bahá'u'lláh and Selected Topics, by Foad Seddigh, in Lights of Irfan, 15 (2014). This significant Tablet from Ridvan 1863 covers the Seal of the Prophets, appearance and presence of God, resurrection, and the Qayyum al-Asma. Includes context of Bahá'u'lláh's life and troubles during this period. [about]
- Tablet of the 'Light Verse' (Lawh-i-Áyiy-i-Núr), also known as Commentary on the Disconnected Letters: Wilmette Institute faculty notes, by Stephen Lambden (1999). [about]
- Tablet to Hasan-i-Sháhábadí (Lawh-i-Hasan-i-Sháhábadí), by Bahá'u'lláh (2002-02-14). A tablet from the Akka period, addressed to a certain Hasan living in Sháhábad of Arak in central Irán, in which Bahá'u'lláh comments on Muhammad as the "Seal of the Prophets." [about]
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.