Search for tag "Identity"
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Creating Intimacy: In the Community and With the Seeker, by Phyllis K. Peterson (1998). On how intimacy in the Bahá'í community can be created, using Bahá’í scriptures as guideline. We hunger for intimacy, which is a prerequisite for friendship and a key principle in teaching. Cases drawn from experiences of people who feel psychically hurt. [about]
- Crisis of Identity, The, by Shahrzad Sabet, in Bahá'í World (2023-01-17). Exploring how the Bahá’í principle of the oneness of humanity can resolve the seemingly intractable tension between oneness and diversity. [about]
- Democratic Republic of the Congo and the Nine Year Plan, by Universal House of Justice (2022-11-01). Matters relating to the Nine Year Plan (2022-2031), ethnic and cultural diversity, the human family's crisis of identity, prejudice, Africa, and economic injustice. [about]
- Discourse, Identity, and Global Citizenship, by Michael Karlberg, in Peace Review: A Journal of Social Justice, 20:3 (2008). What does it mean to be a "global citizen"? From early Greek times, the concept of citizenship expanded from "inhabitant of a city" to a democratic ideal of self-determination. It now includes global relationships, interdependence, and altruism. [about]
- Identidad y Paz, by Quentin Farrand, in Derecho y Cambio Social, 19:6 (2009). Estimular la apreciación de la diversidad de caracteres, talentos, y personalidades que encontramos en todos los grupos étnicos, de clase, nacionales, y de creencias, y desalentar el adoctrinamiento de aversión y contienda entre estos segmentos. [about]
- Identity, Discourse, and Policy: Reconstructing the Public Sphere, by Matthew Weinberg, in Journal of Bahá'í Studies, 21:1-4 (2011). Through interchange, individuals and their communities define their identities and goals. Life has a fundamentally dialogical character. Giving consideration to the multiple dimensions of human experience leads to new, greater social meanings. [about]
- Role of Wonder in Creating Identity, The, by Todd Lawson, in Religions, 14:6 (2023). The term badí', "wondrous" or "new," is used dozens of times by the Báb in his proclamatory work the Qayyúm al-Asmáʾ. Wonder plays a major role in Bábí and Bahá'í thought and practice, and in their ethos and message. Link to article (offsite). [about]
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.