Search for tag "International auxiliary language"
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Bahá'í Teachings, Aspects of, by Universal House of Justice (1997). Authenticity of Statements; Mathnavi; Quranic quotations; Marriage Prayer; 'Sun' and 'Moon'; Hands of the Cause; Night of Power; Khatt-i-Badi; Sarcophagus for Bahá'u'lláh; International Bahá'í Library Building; Lunar Calendar and Holy Days; Leiden; Kings. [about]
- Consultation, Portraits, Rakahs, Murtus, and Unknown Language, by Universal House of Justice (2009). Three replies from the Research Department to an individual, dated 2009, 2010 and 2018, on a variety of topics. [about]
- Esperanto, by Abdu'l-Bahá and Shoghi Effendi (2015). Compilation on Esperanto. [about]
- Exposition of the Tablet of the World (Lawh-i-Dunyá), An, by James B. Thomas, in Lights of Irfan, 4 (2003). To fully appreciate the historical significance of the Tablet of the World, this essay first portrays the developing conditions in Persia and in the world that preceded this Tablet, then discusses its salient points. [about]
- Khatt-i-Badí' (The New Script): Transliteration and Notes (2018). Latin transliteration of Mírzá Muhammad-'Alí's "conlang" alphabet by Grover Gonzales. Includes notes by the Universal House of Justice, an overview by Gonzales, and samples of the script. [about]
- Kitáb-i-Aqdas as a Lens with which to Examine some of the Dilemmas of Modernity, The, by Betsy Omidvaran, in Solas, 2 (2002). Contrast between the Aqdas - the source of laws of future society - and issues of the modern world as it had evolved up to the 19th century. Discussion of Houses of Worship, universal language, financial principles, justice, the Covenant, and unity. [about]
- Lango: Language Organization, by Antony Alexander and Robert Craig (1996). Lango (Language Organization) is an attempt to simplify English to serve as an international language. [about]
- Language and Universalization: A 'Linguistic Ecology' Reading of Bahá'í Writings, by Gregory Paul P. Meyjes, in Journal of Bahá'í Studies, 9:1 (1999). How the promotion of linguistic minority rights may coincide with promotion of an International Auxiliary Language, opposing trends toward increased globalization and growing nationalism, and the unregulated global spread of English. [about]
- Lidia Zamenhof, by John T. Dale (1996). Brief biography of the daughter of Ludwig Lazarus Zamenhof, the creator of Esperanto. [about]
- List of Baha'i Studies and Translations, by Stephen Lambden. A list of content available at Lambden's personal website, Hurqalya Publications, with select links to manuscripts, texts, introductions. Includes Shaykhi and Bábí studies, bibliographies, genealogies, provisional translations. [about]
- Materials Provided by the Bahá'í World Centre on Universal Auxiliary Language, by Abdu'l-Bahá and Shoghi Effendi (2002). A collection of resources on the International Auxiliary Language: compilation from the Bahá'í Writings, letter and memorandum from the Research Department, and two bibliographies listing citations from the Writings and from scholarship. [about]
- Pioneering, Language, Arts, Example of 'Abdu'l-Bahá, by Universal House of Justice (1998). Pioneering; Serving parents; Serving where need is; Gardens; International Auxiliary Language; Arabic pronunciation; study of Persian; Some references in Writings of Bahá'u'lláh; Folk art; External affairs; Daily living; Abdu'l-Bahá as divine exemplar. [about]
- Principle of an International Auxiliary Language, The, by Abdu'l-Bahá and Shoghi Effendi (1979). [about]
- Universal Language, Adoption of, by Bahá'u'lláh and Abdu'l-Bahá (2008). [about]
- Whither the International Auxiliary Language?, by Phyllis Ghim-Lian Chew, in Journal of Bahá'í Studies, 2:2 (1989). The Bahá'í Faith has promised that a day will come when there will be a universal auxiliary language taught in schools around the world. This promise is vital for peace and harmony. English and Esperanto have both strengths and flaws. [about]
- "Whither the International Auxiliary Language?" by Phyllis Ghim Lian Chew: Commentary, by Susan Gilman, in Journal of Bahá'í Studies, 3:1 (1990). [about]
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
google code being updated (Sept 4 2022)