Search for tag "Minorities"
||Thirteen Romanies became Bahá’ís in northern Spain. [BINS186:7]
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Abdu'l-Baha and "The Other", by Jan T. Jasion (2021-02). On xenophobia; Abdu'l-Bahá's response to it; his reactions to certain newspapers; the impact of xenophobia on digitized collections; some comments by Bahá'u'lláh on journalism. Text of a webinar presented to the Wilmette Institute (December, 2020). [about]
- Baha'i Minority and Nationalism in Contemporary Iran, by Juan Cole, in Nationalism and minority identities in Islamic societies, ed. Maya Shatzmiller (2005). While Bahá'ís in Persia would seem to have been in a place to benefit from the rise of modern Iranian nationalism, the Faith hasn't been widely adopted, partly due to the recent emergence of the theocracy. [about]
- Democratic Republic of the Congo and the Nine Year Plan, by Universal House of Justice (2022-11-01). Matters relating to the Nine Year Plan (2022-2031), ethnic and cultural diversity, the human family's crisis of identity, prejudice, Africa, and economic injustice. [about]
- Electoral Process, Bahá'í: Clarifications, and Three Way Tie, by Universal House of Justice (2012-11-07). How to resolve a 3-way tie when 2 parties are minorities; when voting, should one consider age distribution, diversity, and gender. [about]
- Power and the Bahá'í community, by Moojan Momen, in Lights of Irfan, 19 (2018). While Bahá'í social teachings may have sounded new and exciting a century ago, that is no longer the case today. The problem the world faces is not in the principles that would lead to a better society, but in their application. [about]
- Prevención de Discriminaciones y Protección a las Minorías, 1988, by Bahá'í International Community (1988-08). [about]
- Prevención de Discriminaciones y Protección a las Minorías, 1989, by Bahá'í International Community (1989-12). [about]
- Unrestrained as the Wind: A Life Dedicated to Bahá'u'lláh (1985). Compilation of quotations on topics of especial interest to Bahá'í youth. [about]
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.