Search for tag "Oppression"
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Additional Tablets, Extracts and Talks, by Abdu'l-Bahá (2018). 57 selections, updated 2019. [about]
- Children, Oppression of, by Universal House of Justice (1985). Discussion of the oppression of children at the hands of exploitative individuals and solace for those who have suffered such treatment. [about]
- Colonialism, Nationalism and Jewish Immigration to Palestine: Abdu'l-Baha's Viewpoints Regarding the Middle East , by Kamran Ekbal (2014). Abdu'l-Baha was opposed to the cultural and political colonialism of foreign powers and their militaries. In spite of the Baha'i principle of abstaining from politics, exceptions can be made in the face of tyranny and injustice. [about]
- Constructive Resilience: The Bahá'í Response to Oppression, by Michael Karlberg, in Peace and Change, 35:2 (2010). Example of the non-adversarial approach of the Baha'is in Iran toward social change, their collective response to oppression, and heuristic insights into the dynamics of peace. [about]
- From Oppression to Empowerment, by Nader Saiedi, in Journal of Bahá'í Studies, 26:1-2 (2016). On four contemporary types of oppression: in the international political order, forms of the state, economic structures, and forms of cultural identity; Bahá’u’lláh’s personal response to oppression; and a Bahá’í approach to empowerment and liberation. [about]
- Spiritual Oppression in Frankenstein, by Phyllis Sternberg Perrakis, in Journal of Bahá'í Studies, 9:4 (1999). [about]