Search for tag "Quotations from the Bible"
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- 'Abdu'l-Baha: A Biblical Figure?, by Combiz Nuri (2009). Biblical prophecies that could relate to Abdu'l-Bahá and the Seventh Angel of the Apocalypse, and the nature of the Covenant. [about]
- Answered Questions, Some, by Abdu'l-Bahá (2014). 'Table talks' given by ‘Abdu’l‑Bahá in ‘Akká between 1904 and 1906 in response to questions posed by Laura Dreyfus-Barney; first published in 1908, the new 2014 edition has been extensively retranslated. [about]
- Apocalypse, The: An Exegesis, by Robert Riggs (1998-12). Detailed study of astrology, numerology, and other esoterica, in an attempt to understand The Revelation of St. John the Divine through eyes of Bahá'í interpretation. [about]
- Bible, The: King James version in Multilinear Format with Bahá'í References by Verse (n.d.). [about]
- Biblical discrepancies in God Passes By, by Universal House of Justice (1993-02-15). Citation errors for quotations from Ezekiel in God Passes By. [about]
- Biblical Questions, Interpretation of: Ezekiel 10:19, Jeremiah 49:38 and Micah 7:12, by Universal House of Justice (1998-05-12). Can certain passages from the Hebrew Bible be taken as prophetic references to the Bábí or Bahá'í Faiths? [about]
- Biblical References in Tablets of the Divine Plan, by JoAnn M. Borovicka, in Lights of Irfan, 18 (2017). Knowledge of the Bible is now at an all-time low; a study of the contexts of four biblical references found in Tablets of the Divine Plan, to demonstrate the value that biblical literacy brings to the study and implementation of these Tablets. [about]
- Biblical References in Baha'i Writings, by Marian Lippitt (1955/2016). Correlation between verses of the Bible and references to these verses in Bahá'í literature, including published pilgrim notes. In Excel format. [about]
- Biblical Verses, Interpretation of, by Universal House of Justice (1986-01-07). Interpretation of Biblical verses. Includes chart showing all references in the Bahá'í writings to verses in the Book of Revelation. [about]
- Commentary on Verses of John (Tafsír-i-Áyát-i-Yuhanná), by Abdu'l-Bahá (2001). Excerpt from a longer Tablet on Jesus' prophecy "It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Comforter [or "Helper"] will not come to you." [about]
- Heart of the Gospel: The Bible and the Bahá'í Faith, by George Townshend (1939). Using only the text of the Bible, Townshend provides a new reading of Scripture as a guidebook for those who seek a universal view of religion and the contemporary world. [about]
- Kitab-i-Iqan: Key to Unsealing the Mysteries of the Holy Bible, by Brent Poirier (1998). Examination of the Bible in light of interpretations of its symbolism offered by Bahá'u'lláh's Kitab-i-Iqan. [about]
- Notes on Bahá'í Proofs Based on the Bible, Some (1963). Compilation by the National Spiritual Assembly of the Bahá'ís of Central and East Africa [about]
- Qur'anic and Biblical References in the Kitáb-i-Íqán: A Guide to Further Study (2020). List of quotes from the Bible and the Qur'an referenced by Baha’u’llah in the Kitab-i-Iqan as shown in its footnotes, and a brief discussion of each reference. [about]
- Themes of 'Abdu'l-Bahá's Tablets of The Divine Plan Illustrated by Scriptural References to the Bible and the Qur'án, by Lameh Fananapazir, in Lights of Irfan, 18 (2017). The Tablets of the Divine Plan, as well as Abdu'l-Bahá's Will and Testament and the Tablet of Carmel, are three “Charters” for promotion of the Cause of God, which can also heal the problems facing humanity in its crisis of faith. [about]
- Translations of the Bible Used by Abdu'l-Baha, by Universal House of Justice (1996-06-12). Which translations of the Bible were used by Abdu'l-Bahá. [about]
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.