Search for tag "Travelogues"
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- A Leaf of Honey and the Proverbs of the Rainforest, by Joseph Shepperd: Review, by Lin Poyer, in Journal of Bahá'í Studies, 1:4 (1989). [about]
- Africa, by Hooper Dunbar (1984-09-14). Stories of Dunbar's travels through Africa, its unique energy, and its place in the Bahá'í Faith. [about]
- Bab und Babis, by Arminius (Armin) Vambery, in Meine Wanderungen und Erlebnisse in Persien (1867). Lengthy discussion of the Babis, by a Hungarian Jew who later met Abdu'l-Bahá. [about]
- Diary of H.M. the Shah of Persia, during his tour through Europe in 1873, The, by Nasir al-Din Shah (1874). Contains no mention of the Bábí or Bahá'í Faiths, but is useful for historical context, and a window into the Sháh's worldview. [about]
- Glimpses of Life and Manners in Persia: With Notes on Russia, Koords, Toorkomans, Nestorians, Khiva, and Persia, by Lady Mary (Leonora Woulfe) Sheil (1856). Considered first travel book on Persia by a woman. Of particular interest to Bahá'ís are her accounts on Babism (Babeeism) and the Bab. [about]
- Journal Diary of European Baha'i Travels: April - November 1948, by Charles Mason Remey (1948). A record of Remey's visits across Europe, from England to Germany. Includes coverage of Bahá'í participation in the first U.N. convention on Human Rights, held in Geneva. [about]
- Journalist in the Holy Land, A: Glimpses of Egypt and Palestine, by Arthur E. Copping (1913-05-23). A visit to the Akka and its surroundings in 1913; no mention of the Bahá'í Faith. [about]
- Treasures of the East: The Life of Nine Oriental Countries, by Zia M. Bagdadi (1930). Descriptions of nine "Treasures" — Egypt, Palestine, Syria, Iraq, Jijaz (Arabia), Transjordania (Arabia), Persia, India, and Turkey — by an Iraqi physician who traveled to the U.S. and was instrumental in the establishment of several Bahá'í communities. [about]
- Wild Asses, The: A Journey through Persia, by W. V. Emanuel (1939). Passing mentions of Babis in Tabriz and Zanjan. [about]
- Year Amongst the Persians, A, by E. G. Browne (1893/1927). Browne's famous account of his extended visit to Iran in 1887-1888; includes many references to Bábí and Bahá'í history and personages. [about]
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.