Search for location "Karaj"
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
|1955 24 May
||The Bahá’í centre at Karaj, Iran, was taken over. [BW18:391]
||Persecution, Iran; Persecution, Other; Persecution; Haziratul-Quds
|2011 3 May
||After conviction, the two women of the Yaran were transferred from Evin Prison to the even more notorious Rajaei Shahr Prison in Karaj, near Tehran. In that prison, Fariba Kamalabadi, Mahvash Sabet, and a number of political prisoners were locked up in the communal ward with hundreds of ordinary female prisoners — inmates incarcerated for crimes not linked to politics. When authorities closed the women’s ward of that prison, the prisoners were all transferred to Gharchak Prison in Varamin near Tehran, where the conditions were even worse than those at Rajaei Shahr Prison. [IranWire4985; BWNS821]
||Varan; Mahvash Sabet; Fariba Kamalabadi; Rajaei Shahr Prison; BWNS
- Locations are simplified spellings used to find documents on a similar topic but with various titles.
- Searches match parts of a location: searching for state will also show United States.
- 1- and 2-letter words will not be searched.
- Please contact us if you can help add locations.
- See also all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.