Search for tag "Birds"
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Eagle and Pillar over Shoghi Effendi's resting place, and his visits to Scotland, by Ruhiyyih (Mary Maxwell) Khanum (1981). Transcript of Ruhiyyih Khanum talking about Shoghi Effendi's visits to Scotland and how the pillar and eagle came to be over his resting place [about]
- Seeing Double: The Covenant and the Tablet of Ahmad, by Todd Lawson, in Bahá'í Faith and the World's Religions (2005). The Tablet of Ahmad is believed to have special potency. "Seeing double" means both looking at the words of Scripture, and looking in the direction beyond the words, as indicated by the context. This paper also discusses the meaning of Covenant in Islam. [about]
- Seven Valleys of Bahá'u'lláh and Farid ud-Din Attar, by Sheila Banani, in Lights of Irfan, Book 1 (2000). An overview of the similarities between the Seven Valleys by Baha'u'llah and the Conference of the Birds by the Persian Sufi Farid ud-din Attar. [about]
- Speaking in Edinburgh, by Ruhiyyih (Mary Maxwell) Khanum (1981). Address at Edinburgh Baha'i Centre. Includes discussion of Shoghi Effendi in Scotland and the eagle and pillar at his resting place. [about]
- Tablet of Nightingale of Separation, by Bahá'u'lláh. [about]
- Tablet of the Nightingale and the Owl (1863). The Tablet of the Nightingale and the Owl is a short story, which reads like a fairy tale, about the search for the Beloved. [about]