Search for tag "Animals"
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- 'Abdu'l-Bahá's Encounter with Modernity during His Western Travels, by Wendi Momen, in Lights of Irfan, 13 (2012). Abdu'l-Baha's responses to the West's technology and innovations on the one hand, vs. its archaic racist and sexual philosophies on the other. [about]
- Animals, Treatment of: Warwick Leaflets, by Warwick Bahá'í Bookshop (1991). Kindness toward animals is a core Baha'i teaching about the station and capacity of animals, who have senses and feelings but not spiritual susceptibilities. Our responsibility toward animals means a decrease in their use as food in the future. [about]
- Answered Questions, Some, by Abdu'l-Baha (1990). [about]
- Answered Questions, Some, by Abdu'l-Bahá (2014). New 2014 translation (with a version side-by-side with the original). [about]
- Bahá'í Philosophy of Human Nature, The, by Ian Kluge, in Journal of Bahá'í Studies, 27:1-2 (2017). How the essential reality of the individual — the human soul and its powers of rational thought, willpower, memory, and reflection — translates these capacities into physical action through the intermediary of the brain. [about]
- Birth of Human Beings in the Writings of the Bab, by Nader Saiedi (2010). A talk on an invited topic (the origin of humankind) from a scholar known for his unique familiarity with the works of The Bab. [about]
- Birth of the Human Being, The: Beyond Religious Traditionalism and Materialist Modernity, by Nader Saiedi, in Journal of Bahá'í Studies, 21 (2011). We have arrived at a turning point in human evolution: the moment of the birth of the human being. This paper examines the development of this idea in the Writings of the Báb, Bahá’u’lláh, and ‘Abdu’l-Bahá, and its opposite concept, dehumanization. [about]
- Food and Farming: Warwick Leaflets, by Warwick Bahá'í Bookshop (2001). [about]
- Letter to Frau Alice Schwarz-Solivo of a Talk by Abdu'l-Baha, by Josephina Fallscheer, in Der Sonner Der Wahrheit (1935). [about]
- Mind and Spirit: Convergence of Neuroscience and Revealed Knowledge, by Faraneh Varqa-Khadem (2005). [about]
- On Existence and Qualities of the Human Soul, by Farjam Majd, in Lights of Irfan, 16 (2015). On the existence, nature, and necessity of a human soul vs. the souls of animals. Is the concept of a soul needed to explain something, such as continuation of life after physical death? [about]
- Pilgrim Notes, by Myron Henry Phelps (1917). Notes taken by Phelps during his second visit to Acca, 1917, from the words of Abdul-Baha. [about]
- Tablet of 'Abdu'l-Bahá Explaining Three Verses in the Lawh-i-Hikmat, A, by Abdu'l-Bahá (2005). Insights into three statement by Baha'u'llah on pre-existence, creation, and nature as the essence of God. [about]