Search for tag "Devotion"
|2019 28 Feb
||The Universal House of Justice announced the publication of a compilation of extracts on prayer and devotional life drawn from the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, the Báb, and ‘Abdu’l-Bahá and from
the letters of the Guardian and the House of Justice that had been prepared by the Research Department at its request. It was made available on the Bahá’í Reference Library with a plan to produce printed editions.
||Compilation on prayer and devotional life
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Bahá'í Feast Book, by Bahá'u'lláh and Abdu'l-Bahá (2000). Quotations for all 19 Feasts, nicely laid-out with graphics and suitable for printing. [about]
- Creating Environments that Enhance Spirituality, by Dawn Staudt, in Solas, 3 (2003). The teachings and laws of the Bahá’í Faith are for spiritual advancement of both the individual and society. Three areas in particular help individual development: the use of personal prayer, the arts and Tranquility Zones, and the role of encouragement. [about]
- Dancing in the Haziratu'l-Quds, by Universal House of Justice (1987). Recreational dancing in a temple is not appropriate, but cultural and devotional dancing is acceptable. [about]
- Devotional Gatherings, Selected Guidance concerning, by Universal House of Justice. Structure and character of devotional practices. [about]
- "Devotional Meetings," Definition and Scope of, by Universal House of Justice (1991). Guidance on the structure and content of devotional gatherings. [about]
- Music, Devotions, and Mashriqu'l-Adhkár, by R. Jackson Armstrong-Ingram: Review, by Robert H. Stockman, in Journal of Bahá'í Studies, 1:2 (1988). [about]
- Prayer and Devotional Life, by Báb, The and Bahá'u'lláh (2019). A compilation to assist Baha'is in a time when, as the House says in its cover letter, "devotional activities are everywhere multiplying and are increasingly being integrated into the core of community life." [about]
- Prayer, Meditation, and the Devotional Attitude, The Importance of, by Bahá'u'lláh and Abdu'l-Bahá, in Compilation of Compilations, Volume 2 (1991). [about]