Search for tag "Exemption"
|1932 21 Feb
Some time before this date Canadian Bahá'ís were exempted from combative service in the armed forces. [OBCC258]
||Exemption from combative service
|1939. 4 Jun
||In a letter addressed to the National Spiritual Assembly of the British Isles written on behalf of the Guardian he urged them to
"appeal to the government for exemption from active military service in a combatant capacity, stressing the fact that in doing so they are not prompted by any selfish considerations but by the sole and supreme motive of upholding the Teachings of their Faith, which make it a moral obligation for them to desist from any act that would involve them in direct warfare with their fellow-humans oi any other race or nation."
[UD128; CBN 15 September 1950 p2]
See other correspondence on this theme: UD122; UD134; UD259
||BWC; United Kingdom
||Exemption; Armed forces; Military
|1940 (In the year)
The Canadian Department of National Defence exempted Bahá’ís from combatant military duty.
||Exemption; Recognition (legal); Military
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Biographies of Jamal-i-Burujirdi, by Adib Taherzadeh and Dariush Lamie (1998). Three short biographies of about the man who asked to be exempt from the laws of the Aqdas. [about]
- Contacting the Universal House of Justice; Obligatory Prayer, Greatest Name, Exemptions, by Universal House of Justice (1998-01-02). Procedures on contacting the Universal House of Justice; memorandum on obligatory prayer, reciting the Greatest Name, and exemptions from prayer. [about]
- Exemption, by Bahiyyih Nakhjavani, in Bahá'í Studies Review, 3:1 (1993). Thoughts on Bahá'u'lláh's meaning in "exempting" women from certain Bahá'í obligations, especially pilgrimage. [about]
- Exemption from Obligatory Prayer for the Sick, by Universal House of Justice (2000-03-27). [about]
- Green Acre Bahá'í Institute vs. Town of Eliot, Maine (1954/1963). Two court decisions regarding the tax exempt status of the Green Acre Bahá'í School, 1954 and 1963, and notes from a 1997 follow-up. [about]
- Messages from the Universal House of Justice 1963-1986: Third Epoch of the Formative Age, by Universal House of Justice (1996). [about]
- Obligatory Prayer, Exemption from, by Shoghi Effendi and Research Department of the Universal House of Justice (n.d.). [about]
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.