Search for tag "Most Great Peace"
|1919 28 Jun
||The Treaty of Versailles was concluded. The United States never signed the Treaty of Versailles, never joined the League of Nations which President Wilson's foes derisively referred to as ‘Wilson’s League’. The USA made separate treaties with Germany and the other Central Powers. Wilson died on the 3rd of February, 1924. [AY160-169; US Office of the Historian]
Shoghi Effendi's tribute is as follows:
"To ... President ... Woodrow Wilson, must be ascribed the unique honour, among the statesmen of any nation, whether of the East or of the West, of having voiced sentiments so akin to the principles animating the Cause of Bahá’u’lláh, and of having more than any other world leader, contributed to the creation of the League of Nations—achievements which the pen of the Centre of God’s Covenant acclaimed as signalizing the dawn of the Most Great Peace, whose sun, according to that same pen, must needs arise as the direct consequence of the enforcement of the laws of the Dispensation of Bahá’u’lláh." [CoF36]
||Treaty of Versailles; Peace treaties; Woodrow Wilson; League of Nations; History (general); World War I; War (general); World peace (general); Peace; Most Great Peace
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Additional Tablets, Extracts and Talks, by Abdu'l-Bahá (2018/2023). 167 selections, updated August 2023. [about]
- America and the Most Great Peace interactive study guide, by Duane Troxel (2004-08-26). A PDF interactive study guide to Shoghi Effendi's letter "America and the Most Great Peace," which was published in World Order of Bahá'u'lláh. [about]
- Apocalypse and Millennium: Catastrophe, Progress, and the Lesser Peace, by William P. Collins, in Journal of Bahá'í Studies, 12:1-4 (2002). Some approaches to the Lesser Peace in light of millennialism, and the Bahá'í vision of a divine plan leading to the Lesser Peace and the Most Great Peace which has "progressive” and "catastrophic" aspects. [about]
- Apocalyptic Thinking and Process Thinking: A Bahá'í Contribution to Religious Thought, by Moojan Momen, in Lights of Irfan, 13 (2012). The process of change in religious thinking and how it manifests in expectations about the Lesser Peace, both from Bahá'í texts and within the community. Includes discussions of "the calamity," and of non-Bahá'í political evolution in the 20th century. [about]
- Attainment of the Unity of Nations and the Lesser Peace, by Universal House of Justice (2001-04-19). Letter sent to all NSAs and later broadcast to the Bahá'í world to explain the process through which the Lesser Peace will be created and its relation to the Most Great Peace. [about]
- Daniel's Prophecies, by Universal House of Justice, in Lights of Irfan, Volume 8 (2007). Regarding the fulfilment of the Biblical prophecy of Daniel concerning 1,335 days, and modifications made to Bahá'u'lláh and the New Era. [about]
- Did Prophecy Fail? The Lesser Peace and the Year 2000, by Jack McLean (2003-08). Prior to the 2010s, there was widespread belief in the Bahá'í community that the Lesser Peace would be established by the year 2000, following some catastrophic event. Yet the Scriptures do not make this claim. Prophecy is interpreted in retrospect. [about]
- Lesser Peace and the Most Great Peace, The, by Ali Nakhjavani, in Lights of Irfan, Volume 9 (2008). The writings of Shoghi Effendi in English give us a comprehensive description and an all-embracing analysis of the state of the world today and an understanding of the various developments which have taken place. [about]
- Peace, by Bahá'u'lláh and Abdu'l-Bahá, in Compilation of Compilations, Volume 2 (1991). [about]
- "Peace" in the Baha'i Scriptures, by Ismael Velasco (2001). Annotated compilation on the gestation of thoughts about peace and the Lesser Peace in the writings of Baha’u’llah, universal peace in the writings of Abdu'l-Bahá, Shoghi Effendi's "New World Order," and the UHJ's influences on the Lesser Peace. [about]
- Pilgrims Notes and the "Calamity", by International Teaching Centre (1984-07-01). Status of Pilgrims' Notes and their discussion of the catastrophic events some Bahá'ís believe might occur around the turn of the millennium. [about]
- Prophecy of Daniel; Modifications of Baha'u'llah and the New Era, by Universal House of Justice (1996-06-02). Regarding the fulfilment of the Biblical prophecy of Daniel concerning 1,335 days, and modifications made to Bahá'u'lláh and the New Era. [about]
- Shoghi Effendi and the American Dream, by Sandra Lynn Hutchison, in World Order, 29:1 (1997 Fall). Context and import of Advent of Divine Justice, American destiny, the American frontier, ethical imperatives, and the Most Great Peace. [about]
- Towards World Order, by Ali Nakhjavani (2004/2007). Transcripts of six talks given at a week-long course on the World Order of Bahá'u'lláh, sponsored by the NSA of Italy. Document includes compilation and outline. [about]
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.