Search for tag "Work (general)"
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Activities in the Bahá'í World Community to Improve the Status of Women during the United Nations Decade for Women, by Bahá’í International Community (1985-07-15). Report presented to the World Conference to Review and Appraise the Achievements of the United Nations Decade for Women: Equality, Development and Peace [about]
- "And universal peace — in what Book is this written?": How and Why 'Abdu'l-Bahá Identified "New" and Distinctive Bahá'í Principles, by Christopher Buck (2022-09). Reflections on ‘Abdu’l-Bahá's answer to the question "What has Bahá’u’lláh brought that we have not heard before?"
- Application of Bahá'í Principles in a Business Context, The, by Kirsten Daly, in 75 Years of the Bahá'í Faith in Australasia (1996). [about]
- Baha'i Perspective on the Meaning of Work and Values, A, by Taffini Razavi (2003-11-25). The concept of work in the Bahá'í scripture vis-à-vis contemporary definitions of work-ethics and values, and the ways Bahá'í teachings develop and alter these definitions. [about]
- Bahá'u'lláh and Liberation Theology, by Juan Cole, in Revisioning the Sacred: New Perspectives on a Bahá'í Theology, Studies in the Bábí and Bahá'í Religions vol. 8 (1997). The idea of liberation and equality is central to Bahá'í theology; the poor in the 19th century Middle East; Bahá'u'lláh and the poor; Tablet to the Kings on wealth and peace; laws of the Kitáb-i-Aqdas and Huququ'lláh; state social welfare. [about]
- Balance in life, and pioneering versus getting an education, by Universal House of Justice (1994-09-04). Achieving balance and planning in "each important area of one's life," including balancing the need for education and a profession and pioneering. [about]
- Employment and Beyond: Drawing on the Capacities of All to Contribute to Society, by Bahá'í International Community (2023-02-12). A statement to the 61st session of the Commission for Social Development inspired by the changing nature of work over the coming decades. [about]
- Employment and Work, by Bahá'í International Community (2008-02-11). Statement of the BIC to the 46th Commission on Social Development on the theme "Full Employment and Decent Work" [about]
- Estudios y Profesiones, by Bahá'u'lláh and Abdu'l-Bahá (n.d.). Compilacion de Escritos Bahá'ís para jovenes sobre estudios y profesiones. [about]
- Evolving toward a Bahá'í Economic System, by Gregory C. Dahl, in Journal of Bahá'í Studies, 4:3 (1991). Ideals are fruitless if not implemented. There needs to be a balance and an interplay between goals and actions. A "Bahá’í economic system" suggests a number of topics for further research. [about]
- Extracts from Letters Written by or on Behalf of Shoghi Effendi Regarding the Absence of Clergy in the Baha'i Faith, by Shoghi Effendi (1998). Compilation included with a memorandum from the House of Justice from 1998/02/11 regarding the abolition of the priesthood. [about]
- High-Performance Organization, The: An Assessment of Virtues and Values, by Lawrence M. Miller (2001). How a people-centered organization can enhance competitiveness and job satisfaction. [about]
- History of EBBF, The: Twenty-Five Years of Contributing to the Discourse of Ethics in Business, by François Couillard, in Journal of Bahá'í Studies, 25:3 (2015). The European Bahá’í Business Forum, a small network of individuals dedicated to promoting ethical behavior and other Bahá’í values in the workplace, has had significant influence at the local, national, and international levels. [about]
- Light and Mercy: Mental Health and Tests and Difficulties, by Bahá'u'lláh and Abdu'l-Bahá (2021). The physical and mental impact of the continuing pandemic is evident around us, and the members of the Baha’i community are not immune. This publication will be of assistance and support to the friends both individually and collectively. [about]
- Meditation, Prayer, and Spiritualization, by Universal House of Justice (1983-09-01). Practicing personal spirituality and methods for achieving spiritual growth. [about]
- New Work Ethic, A, by Dale Emerson (2001-10-06). There is a need for a new work ethic which encompasses motivation and a belief system that “we are serving a higher purpose and the greatest good” and are expressing the best that is within us; companies should empower their workforce. [about]
- Night as Frontier: Some Implications for the Bahá'í Community, by Will C. van den Hoonaard, in Bahá'í Studies Review, 7 (1997). Sociological effects of night-shift employment and the nocturnal populace. [about]
- Perfection and Refinement: Towards an Aesthetics of the Bab, by Moojan Momen, in Lights of Irfan, 12 (2011). The writings of the Bab have implications for the "plastic" arts; significance for native traditions; relevance to the performing arts; and the concept of refinement which comes across in both the person and the writings of the Báb. [about]
- "Share your time with God", by Universal House of Justice (2004-09-19). Source of the quotation "Share your time with God. Spend half of the day in search of livelihood," from a pilgrim's note. [about]
- The Role of Public Institutions in Ensuring Social Well-Being, by Alex Vedovi, in Bahá'í World (2020-05). Questions around government’s role in social welfare and the welfare state; Bahá'í perspectives on the government's role in supporting well-being; taxation, wealth, and poverty; [about]
- Translation List: Provisional Translations of Baháʼí Literature (2009-2023). Index to talks, letters, and other items translated from Persian and Arabic to English by Adib Masumian; listed here for the sake of search engines and tagging. [about]
- True Foundation of All Economics, The, by Bahá'u'lláh and Abdu'l-Bahá (2000/2013). Book-length compilation ordered by chapters covering 26 themes on the economy, welfare, development, women's employment, work ethics, morality, agriculture, extremes of wealth and poverty, profit-sharing, health and alcohol, consultation. [about]
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.