Search for location "Arak"
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
||The government of Iran took several measures against the Bahá’ís throughout the country. [BW18:389]
- Nineteen Bahá’í schools are closed in Káshán, Qazvín, Yazd, Najafábád, Ábádih and elsewhere. [ARG109]
- Bahá’í meetings were forbidden in many towns, including Tihrán, Mashhad, Sabzivár, Qazvín and Arák.
- Bahá’ís centres in Káshán, Hamadán and Záhidán were closed by the authorities.
- Some Bahá’í government employees were dismissed.
- Some Bahá’í military personnel were stripped of their rank and imprisoned.
- Bahá’ís in many places were harassed over the filling-in of marriage certificates, census forms and other legal documents.
|Iran; Kashan; Qazvin; Yazd; Najafabad; Abadih; Tihran; Mashhad; Sabzivar; Arak; Hamadan; Zahidan
||Persecution, Iran; Persecution, Other; Persecution; Tarbiyat School; Bahai schools; persecution, Persecution, Education
||The persecution against the Bahá’ís in Iran continued. [BW18:389]
- Meetings in the Bahá’í Centre in Tihrán were banned.
- A number of Bahá’ís in Bandar Sháh were arrested and imprisoned.
- The secretary of the Local Spiritual Assembly of Arák was arrested.
- Bahá’ís in Qazvín were arrested and harassed.
- A Bahá’í in Záhidán was arrested.
|Iran; Tihran; Bandar Shah; Arak; Qazvin; Zahidan
||Persecution, Iran; Persecution, Arrests; Persecution, Other; Persecution; LSA
||The persecution of the Bahá’ís in Iran continued throughout the country. [BW18:389]
- Many Bahá’ís employed in the police force, army and government departments were dismissed.
- Six members of the Local Spiritual Assembly of Ahváz were arrested.
- Bahá’ís who closed their shops on Bahá’í holy days in Bandar Sháh were arrested.
- All Bahá’í meetings in Kirmánsháh, Bírjand, Arák and other towns were prohibited by police order.
- Five Bahá’í families were attacked in their homes in Cham-tang, near Hindíyán. They were severely beaten and forced to leave the village.
|Iran; Ahvaz; Bandar Shah; Kirmanshah; Birjand; Arak; Cham-tang
||Persecution, Iran; Persecution, Arrests; Persecution, Other; Persecution; LSA; Holy days
- Locations are simplified spellings used to find documents on a similar topic but with various titles.
- Searches match parts of a location: searching for state will also show United States.
- 1- and 2-letter words will not be searched.
- Please contact us if you can help add locations.
- See also all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.