Search for location "Saysan"
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
|1897 In the year
||Hájí Mírzá Muhammad-`Alí, the first Bahá'í to have settled China, dies in Bombay on his way back to Shíráz. [PH24]
The Hands of the Cause appointed by Bahá'u'lláh are instructed by `Abdu'l-Bahá to gather to begin the consultations regarding the future organization of the Bahá'í community in Tihrán.
Fifteen Bahá'ís are arrested in Saysán, Ádharbáyján. They are taken to Tabríz, imprisoned and fined. [BW18:384]
- This gathering leads to the formation of the Central Spiritual Assembly of Tihrán in 1899. [BBD98, 114, 115; EB268]
Three Bahá'ís are arrested in Nayríz on the orders of Áqá Najafí, the `Son of the Wolf'. [BW18:384]
The homes of several Bahá'ís in Hamadán are looted and ransacked after complaints by Jews of the town against Bahá'ís of Jewish background. [BW18:384]
|China; Mumbai (Bombay); India; Tihran; Saysan; Adharbayjan; Tabriz; Nayriz; Hamadan; Iran
||Haji Mirza Muhammad-Ali (Afnan); Afnan; Spiritual Assemblies; Aqa Najafi; Persecution, Iran; Persecution, Arrests; Persecution; First Bahais by country or area
||A campaign is launched against the Bahá’ís of Saysán, Ádharbáyján, by Mullá Mihdí Sultánpúr. [BW18:391]
||Persecution, Adharbayjan; Persecution, Other; Persecution
|1967 1 Jan
||A Bahá’í is beaten to death by a mob in Saysán, Ádharbáyján, and other Bahá’ís are attacked and beaten. [BW18:391]
||Persecution, Adharbayjan; Persecution, Deaths; Persecution, Mobs; Persecution
- Locations are simplified spellings used to find documents on a similar topic but with various titles.
- Searches match parts of a location: searching for state will also show United States.
- 1- and 2-letter words will not be searched.
- Please contact us if you can help add locations.
- See also all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.