Search for location "Saysan"
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
|1897 (In the year)
||Fifteen Bahá'ís were arrested in Saysán, Ádharbáyján. They were taken to Tabríz, imprisoned and fined. [BW18:384]
Three Bahá'ís were arrested in Nayríz on the orders of Áqá Najafí, the `Son of the Wolf'. [BW18:384]
The homes of several Bahá'ís in Hamadán were looted and ransacked after complaints by Jews of the town against Bahá'ís of Jewish background. [BW18:384]
||Saysan; Adharbayjan; Tabriz; Nayriz; Hamadan; Iran
||Aqa Najafi (Son of the Wolf); Persecution, Iran; Persecution, Arrests; Persecution
||A campaign was launched against the Bahá’ís of Saysán, Ádharbáyján, by Mullá Mihdí Sultánpúr. [BW18:391]
||Persecution, Adharbayjan; Persecution, Other; Persecution
|1967 1 Jan
||A Bahá’í was beaten to death by a mob in Saysán, Ádharbáyján, and other Bahá’ís were attacked and beaten. [BW18:391]
||Persecution, Adharbayjan; Persecution, Deaths; Persecution, Mobs; Persecution
- Locations are simplified spellings used to find documents on a similar topic but with various titles.
- Searches match parts of a location: searching for state will also show United States.
- 1- and 2-letter words will not be searched.
- Please contact us if you can help add locations.
- See also all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.