Search for location "Sidih"
|1875 (In the year)
||The `ulamá arouse the rabble against the Bahá'ís in Sidih, Isfahán. Several Bahá'ís were imprisoned, including Nayyir and Síná. [BW18:383]
||Sidih; Isfahan; Iran
||Persecution, Iran; Persecution, Arrests; Persecution
||Áqá Najafí, the `Son of the Wolf', initiated a campaign against the Bahá'ís in Isfahán, Sidih and Najafábád. [BW18:383]
||Isfahan; Sidih; Najafabad; Iran
||Aqa Najafi (Son of the Wolf)
|1889. 17 Jul
||Upheaval in Najafábád: Áqá Najafí, the `Son of the Wolf', drove over a hundred Bahá'ís out of Sidih and Najafábád. They took sanctuary in the Telegraph Office and in the stables of the governor of Isfahán. [BW18:383]
See BBR280–4 for Western reporting of the episode.
||Najafabad; Sidih; Isfahan; Iran
||Aqa Najafi (Son of the Wolf); Najafabad upheaval; Upheavals
||Bahá'ís of Sidih and Najafábád, after having received no help or protection, went to Tihrán to petition the Sháh. [BW18:383]
||Tihran; Sidih; Najafabad; Iran
||Persecution, Iran; Persecution, Other; Persecution; Petitions
|1890. 25 Feb
||Seven Bahá'ís from Sidih who had gone to Tihrán to petition the Sháh for protection, secured a decree from him permitting them to return home. When they try to enter Sidih they were killed. [BBRXXIX, 285–9; BW18:383]
||Sidih; Tihran; Iran
||Persecution, Iran; Persecution, Deaths; Persecution; Petitions
from the main catalogue
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Ná'ím: A Bahá'í Poet, by Roy P. Mottahedeh, in World Order (1967). Biography of and selection of poems by a Persian Baha'i in the time of Baha'u'llah and Abdu'l-Baha. [about]
- Locations are simplified spellings used to find documents on a similar topic but with various titles.
- Searches match parts of a location: searching for state will also show United States.
- 1- and 2-letter words will not be searched.
- Please contact us if you can help add locations.
- See also all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.