Search for tag "Flowers"
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Ancient Poems as Means of Revelation, in an Early Tablet by Bahá'u'lláh, by Julio Savi and Faezeh Mardani, in Lights of Irfan, 19 (2018). On the importance of poetry in the history of the Faith and in its Writings, and absolute detachment as a prerequisite for attainment unto the Divine Presence. Includes translation of a Tablet by Bahá’u’lláh. [about]
- Days of Remembrance: Selections from the Writings of Bahá'u'lláh for Bahá'í Holy Days, by Bahá'u'lláh (2017). Forty-five selections revealed for, or relating to, nine Bahá’í Holy Days. [about]
- Flowers to `Akká, by Abu'l-Qasim Faizi, in Bahá'í News (1969-05). Some history of Sayessan, a Bahá'í village near Tabriz; of Mullá Asad’u’lláh, who prophesied the coming of the Bab; of Bahá'u'lláh's gift of seed potatoes; and Sayessani pilgrims travelling to Akka to meet Abdu'l-Bahá. Includes pictures. [about]
- Image of the Mystic Flower, The: Exploring the Lotus Symbolism in the Bahá'í House of Worship, by Julie Badiee, in Journal of Bahá'í Studies, 10:1-2 (2000). The design of the temple in India creates the visual effect of a large, white lotus blossom emerging from the pools of water around it. Besides many other deep and old cultural meanings, flower imagery symbolizes the appearance of the new Manifestation. [about]
- Inebriation of His Enrapturing Call (mast-and bulbulán), The, by Julio Savi, in Lights of Irfan, 15 (2014). Translation of the early mystical Tablet "Nightingales Are Inebriated" and an analysis of its themes of ecstasy, Mount Sinai, eschatology, dhikr, sama, and fana`. [about]
- Tablet of the Nightingale and the Owl (1863/1868?). The Tablet of the Nightingale and the Owl is a short story, which reads like a fairy tale, about the search for the Beloved. [about]
- Translation List: Provisional Translations of Baháʼí Literature (2009-2023). Index to talks, letters, and other items translated from Persian and Arabic to English by Adib Masumian; listed here for the sake of search engines and tagging. [about]
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.