Search for tag "Visuals"
|2001. 31 Jul
||The publication of Bahá’í Shrine and Gardens on Mount Carmel, Haifa, Israel: A Visual Journey by the Ministry of Defence Publishing House, Israel. [Ridván Message 2001]
||Bahai World Centre buildings, monuments and gardens; Terraces; Dedications; Bab, Shrine of; World Centre; Publications; Visuals
|2006 16 Jun
||The Bahá'í International Community's Office of Public Information announced the launch of a new website called "Bahá'í Media Bank,". The site contained more than 2,500 high-quality photographs on Bahá'í-related themes and the plan was to eventually include video and audio material.
In September 2017, after nearly 11 years, the site was given an upgrade in time for the historic 200th anniversary of the birth of Bahá’u’lláh. [BWNS1200]
||Bahai.org; Bahai Media Bank; Websites; Visuals; - Bahai World Centre buildings, monuments and gardens; All subjects; Bahai International Community
||The publication of Attaining the Dynamics of Growth: Glimpses from Five Continents by International Teaching Centre.
The Universal House of Justice asked the International Teaching Centre to choose one example from each continent of an intensive programme of growth and prepare a document to demonstrate at once the diversity of conditions in which the believers everywhere were labouring and the coherent vision that united them as they advanced the process of entry by troops. The document consisted of five case studies and a closing analysis.
||BWC; London; United Kingdom; Norte del Cauca; Colombia; Bihar Sharif; India; Kenya; Kiribati
||* Institute process; Growth; Attaining the Dynamics of Growth; Visuals; Documentaries, BWC; Documentaries; ITC publications
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- یادگار جشن پنجاهمین سال تاسیس محفل مقدس بهائیان طهران 55-103: Commemoration of the fiftieth anniversary of the founding of the Bahá'í Assembly of Tehran B.E. 55-103 (1947). Booklet and collection of historical photographs published to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the founding of the Local Spiritual Assembly of Tihran, published B.E. 103 (1947). Includes partial English translation (2022). [about]
- `Abdu'l-Bahá, the "Mystery of God" / Abdu'l-Bahá, Le "Mystère de Dieu", by Violetta Zein (2021). Slideshow prepared by the Utterance Project for the centenary of the ascension of 'Abdu'l-Bahá. In English, French, Italian, and Indonesian. [about]
- "And universal peace — in what Book is this written?": How and Why 'Abdu'l-Bahá Identified "New" and Distinctive Bahá'í Principles, by Christopher Buck (2022-09). Reflections on ‘Abdu’l-Bahá's answer to the question "What has Bahá’u’lláh brought that we have not heard before?"
- Attaining the Dynamics of Growth: Glimpses from Five Continents, by International Teaching Centre (2008-04). This World Centre publication was used for consultation at the 10th International Bahá'í Convention. In pictures, case studies, testimonials, and analysis of programs of growth on 5 continents, it demonstrates the diverse conditions of Bahá'ís worldwide. [about]
- Audio-Video Presentations: Mirza Mihdi; historia de la familia Khamsi; Varqá and Rúhu'lláh, by Boris Handal (2020). Links to five Youtube videos in English and Spanish, including "Mírzá Mihdí: The Purest Branch," "Mírzá Mihdí: La Rama Más Pura," "Historia de la Familia Khamsi, un Legado de Servicio," and "Life and Martyrdom of Varqá and Rúhu’lláh." [about]
- Bahá'í: A Way of Life for Millions, by Lerone Bennett Jr., in Ebony Magazine (1965). Article reprinted from 1965 Ebony Magazine article and made into pamphlet for mass distribution. [about]
- Bahá'ís, The: Contributing to an Emerging Global Civilization, by Bahá'í International Community (2017). A popular magazine-format introduction to the Faith produced by the Office of Public Information of the Bahá’í International Community. [about]
- Baháʼí Houses of Worship: A Visual Overview (2020). A collection of collages, exterior and interior images of Baháʼí Houses of Worship constructed, under construction, or planned worldwide. [about]
- Cause of the Rise and Fall of Civilizations, The, by Ruhaniyyih Ruth Moffett (1954). A chart correlating the growth of maturity of humanity and the evolution of religions with major events in history. [about]
- Collections of Audio and Video Talks: Lists of Speakers and Titles, by Various (?-2020). List of talks and presentations in Video or Audio format found at other sites; included here for reference and keyword indexing. [about]
- Creative Act and the Spirit, The, by Bonnie Wilder, in The Creative Circle, ed. Michael Fitzgerald (1989). Essay on the connections between art and the Bahá'í teachings, from the perspective of personal artistic experience. (First 90% of article only, pages 17-34.) [about]
- Extraordinary Life of 'Abdu'l-Bahá Slideshow / La vie extraordinaire de 'Abdu'l-Bahá diaporama, by Violetta Zein (2021). This slideshow is a condensed version of the nine-part, 400-page, 900-photos & graphics online chronology, designed as an introduction to his life created for the centenary of his passing, entitled “The Extraordinary Life of ‘Abdu’l-Bahá.” [about]
- For the Betterment of the World: The Worldwide Bahá'í Community's Approach to Social and Economic Development, by Office of Social and Economic Development (2003/2008/2018/2023). Essays, photographs, and overviews of local projects around the world, illustrating how Bahá'í principles are being carried out in practice, prepared by the Office of Social and Economic Development of the Bahá'í International Community. [about]
- Interiors of the Shrines of Bahá'u'lláh, the Báb and 'Abdu'l-Bahá, in Bahá'í World, Vol. 3 (1928-1930) (1930). Five pictures of the shrines of the Báb, Bahá'u'lláh, and 'Abdu'l-Bahá. [about]
- List and Map of 114 Youth Conferences in 2013, by Bahá'í World News Service (2013). List of pages at bahai.org (offsite) with reports, descriptions, and videos of youth events across the globe. The accompanying map gives an impression of the spread of the worldwide Bahá'í community. [about]
- Long Obligatory Prayer: Postures, by Bahá'u'lláh (2003). Text of the Long Obligatory Prayer (by Bahá'u'lláh), with small stick-figure pictures showing the postures described (prepared by Anonymous, 2003). [about]
- Maps and charts in Baha'i World volumes (2010). List of all inserts and maps included in volumes of the Bahá'í World books. [about]
- Most Dramatic Chapter in the Spiritual History of Humankind, A: A Pictorial Essay, by Julio Savi, in Bahá'í World (2020-05). Introduction to the life of the Báb, with historical photo-realistic illustrations by Romanian artist Simina Boicu Rahmatian. [about]
- One Planet, One Habitation: A Bahá'í Perspective on Recasting Humanity's Relationship with the Natural World, by Bahá'í International Community (2022-06-01). A pictorial magazine-style overview of Bahá'í views on the environment, trusteeship, development, progress, and spirituality. [about]
- Precious Glimmers: The Bahá'í Faith in New York, 1892-1932, by Hussein Ahdieh (2020). Highlights of the first forty years of the Bahá'í Faith in the City of the Covenant, 1892-1932. Includes chronology of meetings, conferences, activities, and milestones, and photographs. [about]
- Present Structure of Bahá'í Administration, by Duane Troxel (2005). One-page illustration showing the full structure of the Bahá'í Institutions and their inter-connections. [about]
- Three Momentous Years of the Heroic Age, by Adib Taherzadeh, in Bahá'í World, Volume 15 (1968-1973) (1973-04-21). A look at the extraordinary period of Revelation immediately after Bahá’u’lláh’s imprisonment in Akká. [about]
- Treasures of the East: The Life of Nine Oriental Countries, by Zia M. Bagdadi (1930). Descriptions of nine "Treasures" — Egypt, Palestine, Syria, Iraq, Jijaz (Arabia), Transjordania (Arabia), Persia, India, and Turkey — by an Iraqi physician who traveled to the U.S. and was instrumental in the establishment of several Bahá'í communities. [about]
- Unfoldment of the Divine Plan, in The One Year Plan: 2021-2022 (2021). Visual overview of the Bahá'í Cycle, the Bahá'í Era, the three Ages, the three Epochs, and all of the Plans. [about]
- Views of Akka, Haifa, Mt. Carmel, and Other Places: Photographs of "The Dwelling Place of the Most High," Authorized by Abdu'l-Baha (1911/2007). Pictures of Akká taken between 1903-1911, with historical annotations and bibliographical data added later, in 2007 by Troxel and in 2008 by Cary Enoch Reinstein. [about]
- Walter and Emma Jones Bahá'í Archive Photo Album, by Walter Jones and Emma Maxie Jones (2008/2022). Album of 475 annotated images of Bahá'í friends and associates of the Walter (1888-1990) and Emma Maxie (1904-1984) Jones family, from 1925 to 1994. [about]
- Where the Future Nests: 19th Century Babi and Bahá'í Photography, by Negar Mottahedeh (2009/2011). [about]
- Wilmette Institute Presentations on Youtube.com (2011-2021). Link to Youtube channel with dozens of educational presentations and videos, listed here for keyword searching and tagging. [about]
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.