Search for location "Rangoon"
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
|1909 21 Mar
||`Abdu'l-Bahá laid the sacred remains of the Báb in their final resting place at the Shrine in Haifa. [AB126; BBD210; DH138; GBF103; GPB276]
See AB126–30, CT84 and GPB273–8 for details of the occasion and its history.
The Shrine is a simple rectangular structure of six rooms. [DH71, ZK284]
The marble sarcophagus used for the remains of the Báb is a gift from the Bahá'ís of Rangoon. [AB129; MC155]
For details of the sarcophagus see RB3:431.
||BWC; Mount Carmel; Rangoon; Myanmar (Burma); Chicago; United States
||Bab, Shrine of; Bab, Sarcophagus for; Abdul-Baha, Life of; Marble; Gifts; - Bahai World Centre buildings, monuments and gardens; World Centre; - Basic timeline, Expanded
||In the village of Daidanaw eleven Bahá'ís were slain. Records, books and documents that had been transferred to Daidanaw from the headquarters in Mandalay and Rangoon were lost when the headquarters building was destroyed by fire. [BW11]p33]
||Daidanaw; Mandalay; Rangoon; Myanmar (Burma)
||Persecution, Myanmar (Burma); Persecution, Deaths; Persecution, Destruction; Persecution
- Locations are simplified spellings used to find documents on a similar topic but with various titles.
- Searches match parts of a location: searching for state will also show United States.
- 1- and 2-letter words will not be searched.
- Please contact us if you can help add locations.
- See also all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.