Search for tag "Abjad"
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Discovering a Sacred Numerical Pattern from Baha'i Scriptures, by Romuald Boubou Moyo (2020-07). Brief analysis of the inheritance shares outlined in the Kitab-i-Aqdas and how the abjad system of numerology might shed light on hidden patterns. [about]
- El Monte Carmelo y el Nombre Oculto: Mount Carmel and the Hidden Name, by Ernesto Fernandez (2013-06). Relationship between Mount Carmel and the Greatest Name and their symbolic meanings in the Bahá'í Faith. [about]
- Farrakhan, Cabala, Bahá'í, and 19, by Martin Gardner: Response, by William P. Collins (1997). Context of Bahá'í numerology. [about]
- Guide to Transliteration and Pronunciation of the Persian Alphabet: together with the Numerical Value of the letters (Abjad Reckoning), by Marzieh Gail, in Bahá'í Glossary (1957). Persian letter, key, transliteration, pronunciation, and Abjad value. [about]
- He Whom God Shall Make Manifest: Notes on Gematria, Tetractys, The Báb's identification of Him, and Opposition to Bahá'u'lláh, by Grover Gonzales (2020). On the Bab's use of numerology and cabalistic interpretation of scripture, and his use of amulets and talismans, as tools to help his disciples find and recognize the coming Manifestation, the "Qa'im," Man Yuzhiruhu'lláh. [about]
- Joycean Modernism in a Nineteenth-Century Qur'an Commentary?: A Comparison of The Báb's Qayyūm Al-Asmā' with Joyce's Ulysses, by Todd Lawson, in Erin and Iran: Cultural Encounters between the Irish and the Iranians, ed. H. E. Chehabi and Grace Neville (2015). Comparison of the formal structure of the two works and themes such as time; oppositions and their resolution; relation between form and content; prominence of epiphany; manifestation, advent and apocalypse; and the theme of heroism, reading and identity. [about]
- L'importance de la translitération bahá'íe avec quelques exemples, by Pierre Daoust (2020). Considérations grammaticales expliquant la translitération et la prononciation des mots arabes, et le système abjad. [about]
- La translittération bahá'íe: pourquoi, comment, by Pierre Daoust (2023). Cet article explique pourquoi il est important de bien translittérer les mots arabes et comment le faire en pratique à l'aide de quelques exemples. [about]
- Mystical Dimensions of Islam, by Annemarie Schimmel (1975). Detailed history of Sufism and its thought, Islamic theosophy, and Persian and Turkish mystical poetry. Book includes no mention of the Bahá'í Faith, but is quite relevant. [about]
- New Religions and Religious Movements: The Common Heritage, by Moshe Sharon, in Studies in Modern Religions and Religious Movements and the Bábí Bahá'í Faiths (2004). The 19th Century; Croce’s religion of liberty; modern religious activity; the Qur'an and classical heritage; nature of revelation; magic and the names of God; mysticism of names and letters for the Bab; the letter bá'; Tafsir Basmalah. [about]
- Overview of the Abjad numerological system, by Frank Lewis (1999-04). Numerological analysis of the word bahá. [about]
- Tablet of the 'Light Verse' (Lawh-i-Áyiy-i-Núr), also known as Commentary on the Disconnected Letters: Overview, by Adib Taherzadeh and Nabil-i-A'zam (1999). [about]
- Tablet of the 'Light Verse' (Lawh-i-Áyiy-i-Núr), also known as Commentary on the Disconnected Letters: Wilmette Institute faculty notes, by Stephen Lambden (1999). [about]
- Tablet of the 'Light Verse' (Lawh-i-Áyiy-i-Núr), also known as Commentary on the Disconnected Letters: What on earth is a disconnected letter? Baha'u'llah's commentary, by Alison Marshall (1999-07). The meaning of the Arabic letters alif, lam, mim, as explained in Bahá'u'lláh's tablet Tafsir hurufat al-maqatt’ah. Includes List of disconnected letters in the Qur'an and Abjad values of the Arabic letters. [about]
- Tablet on the Greatest Name (Lawh-i Ism-i A'zám), by Abdu'l-Bahá, in Rituals in Babism and Bahá'ísm (1994). Explanation of the numerological significances of Bahá’ and the ringstone symbol. [about]
- Translation List: Provisional Translations of Baháʼí Literature (2009-2023). Index to talks, letters, and other items translated from Persian and Arabic to English by Adib Masumian; listed here for the sake of search engines and tagging. [about]
- Verge of the New, The: A Series of Talks, by Steven Phelps (2017-09-18). Introducing a way of looking at the past and future of religion in the context of the scientific revolution and the Enlightenment. Includes compilation of Writings on spiritual dislocation, science, language, spiritual evolution, nature, and revelation. [about]
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.