Search for tag "Water (general)"
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- 'Abdu'l-Bahá on the World Stage, by Iraj Ghanooni (2022). A contrast of the spiritual purpose of ‘Abdu'l-Bahá's first visit to Paris with the secular aims of some famous Iranian contemporaries who went there around the same time; includes philosophical discussions and an analysis of two talks by ‘Abdu'l-Bahá. [about]
- Additional Tablets and Extracts from Tablets Revealed by Bahá'u'lláh, by Bahá'u'lláh (2018/2023). 80 selections, updated August 2023. [about]
- Additional Tablets, Extracts and Talks, by Abdu'l-Bahá (2018/2023). 167 selections, updated August 2023. [about]
- Ascent of Mount Carmel, The: Celebrating the Bicentenary of the Birth of the Báb, by John S. Hatcher, in Journal of Bahá'í Studies, 29:3 (2019). "From the Editor's Desk": Symbolism of the terraces on the shrine of the Bab; St. John's poem "Ascent of Mount Carmel"; overview of the articles in this issue of the Journal. [about]
- Bahá'í Perspective on Water, The, by Arthur Lyon Dahl (1997-11). Water in the Bahá'í Faith and Bahá'í Writings. [about]
- Hope and Resilience: The Application of Spiritual Principles to Community Life, by Institute for Studies in Global Prosperity (2021). On how communities use concepts and principles such as the oneness of humankind and interconnectedness with nature in their eﬀorts to contribute towards the common good; on strong networks of social support and the management of water-related challenges. [about]
- Inebriation of His Enrapturing Call (mast-and bulbulán), The, by Julio Savi, in Lights of Irfan, 15 (2014). Translation of the early mystical Tablet "Nightingales Are Inebriated" and an analysis of its themes of ecstasy, Mount Sinai, eschatology, dhikr, sama, and fana`. [about]
- Institute on Islam, by Peter J. Khan (1971). Transcription of tape #7 which deals with prophecies in the Qur'an, and recordings of a one-weekend group class on Islam in Davenport, Iowa. [about]
- Instructions Concerning Genesis and the Mystery of Baptism, by Mirza Asad'Ullah (n.d. (1902?)). A short treatise on Biblical verses and symbology viewed in light of the Hidden Words and other Writings of Bahá'u'lláh. Originally composed in Persian by an early Bahá’í author.
- Lists of Articles, by Brent Poirier (2009-2019). Lists of 126 articles at the author's six blog websites. [about]
- Symbolic Profile of the Bahá'í Faith, A, by Christopher Buck, in Journal of Bahá'í Studies, 8:4 (1998). A “symbolic profile” of Bahá’í consciousness as shaped by the writings of Bahá’u’lláh and ancillary texts: Ninian Smart’s dimensional model of religion is used to order and classify the symbols, together with insights from Sherry Ortner & John Wansbrough. [about]
- Tablet of All Food and the Nature of Reality, The, by Karl Weaver (2016). Review of the Tablet's historical background, antecedents for specific phrases, English literary commentaries, its color system as related to Bábí and Islamic traditions, the meaning of 'food,' and a different way of looking at the five levels of reality. [about]
- Water as a symbol used in the Sacred Writings, by Bahá'u'lláh and Abdu'l-Bahá (2002). [about]
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.