Search for tag "Counsellors"
|1969 10 Jul
||The Universal House of Justice announce an increase in the total number of members of the Continental Boards of Counsellors for the Protection and Propagation of the Faith to thirty-eight. [MUHJ63-86]
||In its Ridván Message the Universal House of Justice announced the appointment of three additional Councillors, Iraj Ayman in Western Asia, Anneliese Bopp and Betty Reed in Europe and some 45 additional Auxiliary Board Members, 9 in Africa, 16 in Asia, 2 in Australasia and 18 in the Western Hemisphere. [Ridván 1970]
||Counsellors; Auxiliary Board Members and assistants; Iraj Ayman; Anneliese Bopp; Betty Reed
|1973 5 Jun
||The International Teaching Centre is established at the Bahá’í World Centre for the purpose of continuing the work of the Hands of the Cause of God into the future. [BBD118–19; BBRSM132–3; BW16:134, 411–14; BW17:322–5; VV16]
- For cable of the Universal House of Justice see BW16:413.
- Hands of the Cause Amatu’l-Bahá Rúhíyyih Khánum, ‘Alí-Akbar Furútan, Paul Haney and Abu’l-Qásim Faizí and Counsellor members Hooper Dunbar, Florence Mayberry and Aziz Yazdí are appointed. [BW16:413]
- For pictures see BW16:412 and VV16.
- The duties and the organization of the International Teaching Centre were deliniated in the Message from the Universal House of Justice of June 8th, 1973.
||International Teaching Centre; International Teaching Centre, Members of; Hands of the Cause; Counsellors; Amatul-Baha Ruhiyyih Khanum; Ali Akbar Furutan; Paul Haney; Abul-Qasim Faizi; Hooper Dunbar; Florence Mayberry; Aziz Yazdi
|1973 8 Jun
||The Universal House of Justice permits the Continental Boards of Counsellors to authorize individual Auxiliary Board members to appoint assistants. [BW17:322]
||Counsellors; Auxiliary Board Members and assistants
|1979 29 Jun
||The Universal House of Justice announces that the term of service for the members of the Continental Board of Counsellors will be five years as of the 26th of November, 1980, the Day of the Covenant. [Message from the Universal House of Justice 29 June, 1979]
|1980 3 Nov
||The Universal House of Justice announces that the zones of the Continental Boards of Counsellors will, from the Day of the Covenant of the year 137 (26 November 1980), be as follows:
1. Africa, comprising the areas of the four present zones of that continent.
2. The Americas, comprising the present zones of North, Central and South America.
3. Asia, comprising the present zones of Western, South Central and Southeastern Asia, together with the present zone of Northeastern Asia without the Hawaiian Islands and Micronesia.
4. Australasia, comprising the present zone of Australasia plus the Hawaiian Islands and Micronesia.
[Universal House of Justice Message 3 November, 1980]
|1983 23 May
||A five year term for the Counsellor members of the International Teaching Centre is established. [BW19:27]
||Counsellors; International Teaching Centre, Members of
|1985 27 Dec - 1986 2 Jan
||The Universal House of Justice convenes a Counsellors’ Conference at the Bahá’í World Centre. [AWH39; BW19:29; VV122]
- The gathering, held in the Seat of the Universal House of Justice, consulted on the opportunities and challenges facing the Bahá’í world community. [BW19:29]
- See BW19:494, 504 for pictures.
||Counsellors; Bahai conferences; Counsellors conferences
|1990 18 - 20 May
||The first of seven European women's conferences sponsored by the Continental Board of Counsellors is held in Iskenderun, Turkey. [BINS230:1]
||Women conferences; Bahai conferences; Counsellors
|1992 18 Jun
||The passing of Counsellor Isobel Sabri, member of the International Teaching Centre in England. She was born in California in 1924. Letter from the National Spiritual Assembly of the Bahá'ís of Canada to all Local Spiritual Assemblies date the 16th of October 1992. [VV124]
||California; United States; United Kingdom
||Counsellors; Isobel Sabri; International Teaching Centre, Members of; In Memoriam; Births and deaths
|1993 23 May
||The following is a list of Counsellors appointed to the International Teaching Centre for a five-year term: Mr. Kiser Barnes, Mr. Hartmut Grossmann, Mrs. Lauretta King, Mrs. Joan Lincoln, Mr. Shapoor Monadjem, Mr. Donald Rogers, Mr. Fred Schechter, Mrs. Kimiko Schwerin, Mrs. Joy Stevenson. Retiring members were: Mr. Mas'úd Khamsí and Mr. Peter Vuyiya. [From a message from the Universal House of Justice dated the 13th of May, 1993]
||Universal House of Justice; Counsellors; International Teaching Centre, Members of; Kiser Barnes; Hartmut Grossmann; Lauretta King; Joan Lincoln; Shapoor Monadjem; Donald Rogers; Fred Schechter; Kimiko Schwerin; Joy Stevenson; Masud Khamsi; Peter Vuyiya
|2000 29 Oct
||The commencement of a new five-year term of service for members of the Continental Boards of Counsellors for the Protection and Propagation of the Faith. The number of Counsellors remained at eighty-one. The appointments were:
- AFRICA (19 Counsellors): Beth Allen, George Allen, Beatrice Asare, Asfaw Tessema, Niaz Bushrui, Mehraz Ehsani (Trustee of the Continental Fund), Clement-Thyrrel Feizoure, Kobina Fynn, Ibrahim Galadima, Kamaye Moussa, Eddy Lutchmaya, Enos Makhele, Maina Mkandawire, Rachel Ndegwa, Muhammad Otmani, Ahmad Parsa, Garth Pollock, Antoinette Ziehi, Tiati a Zock.
- THE AMERICAS (19 ounsellors): Eugene Andrews, Eloy Anello, Stephen Birkland, Gustavo Correa, Irma Nelly de Dooki, Abdu'l-Missagh Ghadirian, Angelica Huerta, Antonio Gabriel Marques, Herve Masrour, Catherine Monajjem, Rebequa Murphy, Carmen Elisa de Sadeghian, Arturo Serrano, Crystal Shoaie, David Smith, Marilyn Smith, Leticia de Solano, Rodrigo Tomas (Trustee of the Continental Fund), Dorothy Whyte.
- ASIA (19 Counsellors): Fadel Ardakani, Baatar Uransaikhan, Nidavanur Baskaran, Irene Chung, Jabbar Eidelkhani, Bijan Farid, Elena Grouzkova, David Huang (Trustee of the Continental Fund), Humaida Jumalon, Lee Lee udher, Delafruz Nassimova, Lori Noguchi, Jaya Gopan Ramasamy, Lateef Rashid, Foad Reyhani, Payam Shoghi, Zena Sorabjee, George Soraya, Rosalie Tran.
- AUSTRALASIA (11 Counsellors): Beatrice Benson, Donald Blanks, David Chittleborough (Trustee of the Continental Fund), Jalal Mills, Sirus Naraqi, Manijeh Reyhani, Heather Simpson, Henry Tamashiro, Erama Ugaia, Robin White, Fereidoun Yazdani.
- EUROPE (13 Counsellors): Fevziye Baki, Alla Borets, Uta von Both, Firouzeh Moghbel, Paul Ojermark, Patrick O'Mara (Trustee of the Continental Fund), Shahriar Razavi, Ilhan Sezgin, Nosrat Tirandaz, Nicola Towfigh, Larissa Tsutskova, Sohrab Youssefian, Ivo Zerbes.
- The following believers were relieved of the duties of membership on the Boards of Counsellors: Borhanoddin Afshin, Ben Ayala, Hooshidar Balazadeh, Patricia Coles, Parvine Djoneydi, Wilma Ellis, Tod Ewing, Shidan Fat'he-Aazam, Linda Gershuny, Louis Henuzet, Hizzaya Hissani, Nobuko Iwakura, Abbas Katirai, Zekrullah Kazemi, Kim Myungjung, Jacqueline Left Hand Bull, Betra Majmeto, Peter McLaren, Alejandra Miller, Perin Olyai, Nabil Perdu, Maija Pihlainen, Ruth Pringle, Polin Rafat, Daniel Ramoroesi, Shapour Rassekh, Cyrus Rohani, Vicente Samaniego, Isabel de Sanchez, Bruce Saunders, Errol Sealy, Edith Senoga, Farhad Shayani, Tiberiu Vajda, Lally Warren, Wingi Mabuku. [From a message from the Universal House of Justice dated the 29th of October, 2000]
||Counsellors; Counsellors, Appointments; Continental Funds; Statistics
|2001 9 - 13 Jan
||The Counsellors in all continents met at the World Centre to take part in deliberations on the general features of the Five Year Plan. They were joined by the Auxiliary Board members (849 from 172 countries) who gathered from throughout the world to participate in events marking the occupation by the International Teaching Centre of its permanent seat on Mount Carmel. [From a message from the Universal House of Justice dated the 29th of October, 2000 and the16th of January, 2001]
||Counsellors; Five Year Plan; Auxiliary Board Members and assistants; International Teaching Centre, Seat
|2001. 29 Jan
||The publication of Institution of the Counsellors by Universal House of Justice.
|2003 22 Aug
||The passing of Ruth Pringle in Ciudad, Costa Rica at the age of 83 after 5 decades of service to the Faith, 2 decades as on the Continental Board of Counsellors. [BWNS250, BW'03-‘04pg236]
||Ciudad Colon; Costa Rica
||Ruth Pringle; Counsellors; In Memoriam; Births and deaths
|2004 19 Apr
||The passing of Mr Aziz Ismayn Yazdi in Vancouver, Canada at the age of 94. Aziz Yazdi lived in Egypt, Syria, Iran, Iraq, Great Britain, Uganda, Kenya, Israel, and finally Canada. In 1968 he was appointed to the Continental Board of Counsellors in Central and East Africa and was an inaugural member of the International Teaching Centre in Haifa. [BWNS297, BW'03-‘04pg239]
||Vancouver; Canada; Egypt; Syria; Iran; Iraq; United Kingdom; Uganda; Kenya; Israel
||Aziz Ismayn Yazdi; Counsellors; International Teaching Centre, Members of; In memoriam; Births and deaths
|2005 27 – 31 Dec
||The gathering, at the Bahá'í World Centre, the members of the Continental Boards of Counsellors [BWNS418]
||Counsellors; Bahai conferences; Counsellors conferences
|2007 24 May
||The passing of Hadi Rahmani-Shirazi in the United Kingdom.
- pioneered to Afghanistan at the Guardian's behest
- served on the National Spiritual Assembly and the Auxiliary Board in the Cradle of the Faith
- served as the executive director of the Nawnahalan Company
- among first appointed to institution of the Counsellors created by the Universal House of Justice in June 1968
- relocated to the United Kingdom in the early 1980s
- contributed greatly to the development of the Institution of Huququ'llah through his services as a Deputy. [UK BAHA'I NEWS EMAIL SERVICE message from the National Spiritual Assembly email@example.com 24 May 2007]
|United Kingdom; Afghanistan; Iran
||Hadi Rahmani-Shirazi; Nawnahalan Company; Counsellors; Huququllah; In Memoriam; Births and deaths
|2010 28 Dec – 1 Jan
||The conference of the Continental Boards of Counsellors held at the World Centre attended by 79 of the world's 81 Counsellors, from some 58 countries. [BWNS804]
||Counsellors; Counsellors conferences; Bahai conferences
|2013 5 Mar
||The passing of Mas'ud Khamsi, former Counsellor member of the International Teaching Centre in Lima, Peru. [BWNS943]
||Masud Khamsi; Counsellors; International Teaching Centre, Members of
from the main catalogue
- Continental Boards of Counsellors, Letter to the Conference of, by Universal House of Justice (2010). [about]
- Continental Boards of Counselors, Elucidation of the Nature of, by Universal House of Justice (1972). The nature of the Institution of the Continental Boards of Counselors and its relationship to the Institution of the Hands of the Cause. [about]
- Counsellors, Board Members, and Assistants: Warwick Leaflets, by Warwick Bahá'í Bookshop (2002). An explanation of the ‘Appointed Arm’ of the Faith. [about]
- Institution of the Counsellors: Letter to the Conference of the Continental Boards of Counsellors, by Universal House of Justice (2001). On launching the Five-Year Plan. [about]
- Institution of the Counsellors: Message to the Bahá'ís of the World, by Universal House of Justice (2001). [about]
- Institution of the Counsellors, by Universal House of Justice (2001). Detailed discussion of the history and function of the highest level of the "Institution of the Learned." [about]
- Messages from the Universal House of Justice 1963-86, by Universal House of Justice (1996). [about]
- Ranks and Functions in the Bahá'í Cause, by Universal House of Justice (1978). Different ranks of and interactive functioning of the Continental Board of Counsellors versus National Spiritual Assemblies. [about]
- Ridván 1996 (Four Year Plan): Message to the Counsellors, by Universal House of Justice (1995). Letter to the Counsellors, preceding the annual message to the Bahá'ís of the world. [about]
- Women Serving as Continental Counselors or in the International Teaching Centre, Percentage of: 1980-2010, by Universal House of Justice (2013). Chart showing the percentage of women serving as members of the Continental Boards of Counsellors from 26 November 1980 — when the number of Boards was fixed at five — until November 2010. [about]