Search for tag "Counsellors"
|1953 2 Aug
||Fred Schechter, an American, arrives in Djibouti and is named a Knight of Bahá’u’lláh for French Somaliland. [BW13:451]
- Mr Schechter went on to pioneer to several Latin American countries, he spent thirteen year on the Continental Board of Councillors for the Americas and served on the International Teaching Centre. He passed away on 27 January 2017 in California, U.S.A. He was 89 years old. [BWNS1149]
|French Somaliland (Djibouti); Djibouti
||Fred Schechter; Knights of Bahaullah; Counsellors; International Teaching Centre, Members of; In Memoriam; Births and deaths; BWNS
|1968 21 Jun
||The Universal House of Justice establishes the Continental Boards of Counsellors to continue into the future the functions of the Hands of the Cause in the protection and propagation of the Faith. [BBD58–9, 97; BW15:611–13; BW17:319; MUHJ4–5; WG141, Mess63-86p130, 21 June, 1968, CEBF112]
- For details of the eleven Boards and their membership see BW15:612 and WG140–4.
- For pictures of the Counsellors see BW15:614, 615, 618, 619, 622, 623, 625, 627.
||Universal House of Justice; Counsellors; Hands of the Cause; Appointed arm; Universal House of Justice, Basic timeline; - Basic timeline, Expanded
|1969 10 Jul
||The Universal House of Justice announce an increase in the total number of members of the Continental Boards of Counsellors for the Protection and Propagation of the Faith to thirty-eight. [MUHJ63-86]
||In its Ridván Message the Universal House of Justice announced the appointment of three additional Councillors, Iraj Ayman in Western Asia, Anneliese Bopp and Betty Reed in Europe and some 45 additional Auxiliary Board Members, 9 in Africa, 16 in Asia, 2 in Australasia and 18 in the Western Hemisphere. [Ridván 1970]
||Counsellors; Auxiliary Board Members and assistants
|1973 5 Jun
||The International Teaching Centre is established at the Bahá’í World Centre for the purpose of continuing the work of the Hands of the Cause of God into the future. [BBD118–19; BBRSM132–3; BW16:134, 411–14; BW17:322–5; VV16, CEBF200]
- For cable of the Universal House of Justice see BW16:413.
- Hands of the Cause Amatu’l-Bahá Rúhíyyih Khánum, ‘Alí-Akbar Furútan, Paul Haney and Abu’l-Qásim Faizí and Counsellor members Hooper Dunbar, Florence Mayberry and Aziz Yazdí are appointed. [BW16:413]
- For pictures see BW16:412 and VV16.
- The duties and the organization of the International Teaching Centre were deliniated in the Message from the Universal House of Justice of June 8th, 1973.
||International Teaching Centre; International Teaching Centre, Members of; Hands of the Cause; Hands of the Cause, Activities; Counsellors; Universal House of Justice, Basic timeline; Amatul-Baha Ruhiyyih Khanum; Ali Akbar Furutan; Paul Haney; Abul-Qasim Faizi; Hooper Dunbar; Florence Mayberry; Aziz Yazdi; Appointed arm; - Basic timeline, Expanded
|1973 8 Jun
||The Universal House of Justice permits the Continental Boards of Counsellors to authorize individual Auxiliary Board members to appoint assistants. [BW17:322]
- Mrs. Zena Sorabjee was appointed Trustee of the new Continental Fund of South Central Asia, while Mr. Hushang Ahdieh and Mr. Mas‘úd Khamsí were appointed the new Trustees of the Continental Funds of Central and East Africa and South America respectively. 8 June, 1973
||Counsellors; Auxiliary Board Members and assistants; Appointed arm; Universal House of Justice, Basic timeline; - Basic timeline, Expanded; Funds, Continental; Funds
|1973 7 Oct
||The Universal House of Justice announced that the number of Auxiliary Board members throughout the world was to be raised to 270, of whom 81 will serve on the Auxiliary Boards for the Protection of the Faith and 189 will serve on the Auxiliary Boards for the Propagation of the Faith. In all there will be 54 Auxiliary Board members in Africa, 81 in the Western Hemisphere, 81 in Asia, 18 in Australasia and 36 in Europe.
Each Continental Board of Counsellors was given the discretion to authorize individual Auxiliary Board members to appoint assistants and given broad latitude in this matter.
[Message from the Universal House of Justice 7 October, 1973]
||Counsellors; Auxiliary Board Members and assistants; Appointed arm; Universal House of Justice, Basic timeline; - Basic timeline, Expanded
|1979 29 Jun
||The Universal House of Justice announces that the term of service for the members of the Continental Board of Counsellors will be five years as of the 26th of November, 1980, the Day of the Covenant. [Message from the Universal House of Justice 29 June, 1979, BW19:27]
||Counsellors; Appointed arm
|1980 3 Nov
||The Universal House of Justice announces that the zones of the Continental Boards of Counsellors will, from the Day of the Covenant of the year 137 (26 November 1980), be as follows:
1. Africa, comprising the areas of the four present zones of that continent.
2. The Americas, comprising the present zones of North, Central and South America.
3. Asia, comprising the present zones of Western, South Central and Southeastern Asia, together with the present zone of Northeastern Asia without the Hawaiian Islands and Micronesia.
4. Australasia, comprising the present zone of Australasia plus the Hawaiian Islands and Micronesia.
[Universal House of Justice Message 3 November, 1980]
||Counsellors; Appointed arm
|1980 26 Nov
||The date, coincident with the Day of the Covenant, determined by the Universal House of Justice to be when the members of the Continental Board of Counsellors will start their five years term of service. [Message from the Universal House of Justice 29 June, 1979, BW19:27]
|1983 23 May
||A five year term for the Counsellor members of the International Teaching Centre is established by the Universal House of Justice. [ Message 19 May, 1983, BW19:27]
"... a five-year term for the Counsellor members of the International Teaching Centre. Each term will start on 23 May immediately following the International Bahá’í Convention, and the current term will end on 23 May 1988. Should circumstances prevent the Universal House of Justice from making new appointments at the end of any five-year term, the Counsellors will remain in office until such time as new appointments can be made."
||Counsellors; International Teaching Centre, Members of; Appointed arm; Universal House of Justice
|1985 27 Dec - 1986 2 Jan
||The Universal House of Justice convenes a Counsellors’ Conference at the Bahá’í World Centre. [AWH39; BW19:29; VV122]
- The gathering, held in the Seat of the Universal House of Justice, consulted on the opportunities and challenges facing the Bahá’í world community. [BW19:29]
- See BW19:494, 504 for pictures.
||Counsellors; Conferences, Bahai; Counsellors conferences
|1986 2 Jan
||The Universal House of Justice ends the Counsellors’ Conference at the Bahá’í World Centre by announcing in a letter that the Bahá’í world has entered the fourth epoch in the Formative Age of the Cause. [AWH39–42; BBD79, 85; BW19:29; VV91]
- The seven major objectives of the Six Year Plan, to begin at Ridván 1986, are outlined. [AWH40]
- On the closing day of the Counsellors' Conference, the Universal House of Justice announced certain features of the Six Year Plan and the methods by which the national goals were to be worked out in consultation between the Counsellors and National Spiritual Assemblies. [Mess63-86p717]
- The year from Ridván 1992 is designated a Holy Year. [AWH40–1]
||Formative Age; Ages and Epochs; Holy Years; Six Year Plan (1986-1992); Counsellors conferences
|1990 18 - 20 May
||The first of seven European women's conferences sponsored by the Continental Board of Counsellors is held in Iskenderun, Turkey. [BINS230:1]
||Conferences, Women; Conferences, Bahai; Counsellors
|1992 18 Jun
||The passing of Counsellor Isobel Sabri, member of the International Teaching Centre in England. She was born in California in 1924. Letter from the National Spiritual Assembly of the Bahá'ís of Canada to all Local Spiritual Assemblies date the 16th of October 1992. [VV124]
||California; United States; United Kingdom
||Counsellors; Isobel Sabri; International Teaching Centre, Members of; In Memoriam; Births and deaths
|1993 23 May
||The following is a list of Counsellors appointed to the International Teaching Centre for a five-year term: Mr. Kiser Barnes, Mr. Hartmut Grossmann, Mrs. Lauretta King, Mrs. Joan Lincoln, Mr. Shapoor Monadjem, Mr. Donald Rogers, Mr. Fred Schechter, Mrs. Kimiko Schwerin, Mrs. Joy Stevenson. Retiring members were: Mr. Mas'úd Khamsí and Mr. Peter Vuyiya. [From a message from the Universal House of Justice dated the 13th of May, 1993]
||Universal House of Justice; Counsellors; International Teaching Centre, Members of; Kiser Barnes; Hartmut Grossmann; Lauretta King; Joan Lincoln; Shapoor Monadjem; Donald Rogers; Fred Schechter; Kimiko Schwerin; Joy Stevenson; Masud Khamsi; Peter Vuyiya
|1995 26 Dec
||Start of the Institute Process
In its message of 26 December 1995 to the Conference of the Continental Boards of Counsellors the Universal House of Justice announced that it will send separate messages concerning the upcoming the Four Year Plan to different parts of the world and will call for the establishment of Training Institutes as an agency of the National Spiritual Assemblies. The Training Institutes will be charged with developing human resources. The Counsellors and the Auxiliary Board members will be intimately involved in the establishment and operation of these institutes. The two arms of the Administrative Order will collaborate in the overseeing of the budget and planning program content, developing curricula and delivering courses. Should there be a board of directors then Auxiliary Board Members may serve on these bodies.
||Training Institutes; Teaching Plans; Four Year Plan (1995-1999); Counsellors; Counsellors conferences; - Institute process; - Basic timeline, Expanded
|2000 29 Oct
||The commencement of a new five-year term of service for members of the Continental Boards of Counsellors for the Protection and Propagation of the Faith. The number of Counsellors remained at eighty-one. The appointments were:
- AFRICA (19 Counsellors): Beth Allen, George Allen, Beatrice Asare, Asfaw Tessema, Niaz Bushrui, Mehraz Ehsani (Trustee of the Continental Fund), Clement-Thyrrel Feizoure, Kobina Fynn, Ibrahim Galadima, Kamaye Moussa, Eddy Lutchmaya, Enos Makhele, Maina Mkandawire, Rachel Ndegwa, Muhammad Otmani, Ahmad Parsa, Garth Pollock, Antoinette Ziehi, Tiati a Zock.
- THE AMERICAS (19 Counsellors): Eugene Andrews, Eloy Anello, Stephen Birkland, Gustavo Correa, Irma Nelly de Dooki, Abdu'l-Missagh Ghadirian, Angelica Huerta, Antonio Gabriel Marques, Herve Masrour, Catherine Monajjem, Rebequa Murphy, Carmen Elisa de Sadeghian, Arturo Serrano, Crystal Shoaie, David Smith, Marilyn Smith, Leticia de Solano, Rodrigo Tomas (Trustee of the Continental Fund), Dorothy Whyte.
- ASIA (19 Counsellors): Fadel Ardakani, Baatar Uransaikhan, Nidavanur Baskaran, Irene Chung, Jabbar Eidelkhani, Bijan Farid, Elena Grouzkova, David Huang (Trustee of the Continental Fund), Humaida Jumalon, Lee Lee udher, Delafruz Nassimova, Lori Noguchi, Jaya Gopan Ramasamy, Lateef Rashid, Foad Reyhani, Payam Shoghi, Zena Sorabjee, George Soraya, Rosalie Tran.
- AUSTRALASIA (11 Counsellors): Beatrice Benson, Donald Blanks, David Chittleborough (Trustee of the Continental Fund), Jalal Mills, Sirus Naraqi, Manijeh Reyhani, Heather Simpson, Henry Tamashiro, Erama Ugaia, Robin White, Fereidoun Yazdani.
- EUROPE (13 Counsellors): Fevziye Baki, Alla Borets, Uta von Both, Firouzeh Moghbel, Paul Ojermark, Patrick O'Mara (Trustee of the Continental Fund), Shahriar Razavi, Ilhan Sezgin, Nosrat Tirandaz, Nicola Towfigh, Larissa Tsutskova, Sohrab Youssefian, Ivo Zerbes.
- The following believers were relieved of the duties of membership on the Boards of Counsellors: Borhanoddin Afshin, Ben Ayala, Hooshidar Balazadeh, Patricia Coles, Parvine Djoneydi, Wilma Ellis, Tod Ewing, Shidan Fat'he-Aazam, Linda Gershuny, Louis Henuzet, Hizzaya Hissani, Nobuko Iwakura, Abbas Katirai, Zekrullah Kazemi, Kim Myungjung, Jacqueline Left Hand Bull, Betra Majmeto, Peter McLaren, Alejandra Miller, Perin Olyai, Nabil Perdu, Maija Pihlainen, Ruth Pringle, Polin Rafat, Daniel Ramoroesi, Shapour Rassekh, Cyrus Rohani, Vicente Samaniego, Isabel de Sanchez, Bruce Saunders, Errol Sealy, Edith Senoga, Farhad Shayani, Tiberiu Vajda, Lally Warren, Wingi Mabuku. [From a message from the Universal House of Justice dated the 29th of October, 2000]
||Counsellors; Counsellors, Appointments; Funds, Continental; Statistics
|2001 8 - 17 Jan
||The inauguration of the International Teaching Centre Building at the World Centre with the meeting of the Institution of the Counsellors. Board members from 172 countries attended.
||BWC; Mount Carmel; Haifa
||International Teaching Centre, Seat; Arc project; BWNS; Counsellors; Counsellors conferences; - Bahai World Centre buildings, monuments and gardens; World Centre; - Basic timeline, Expanded
|2001 9 Jan
||The Administrative Order is further developed by the Universal House of Justice in its message to the Conference of the Continental Boards of Counselors of
9 January, 2001 in which the concept of the "cluster" is first introduced. The cluster, a subdivision of the region, is to be formed on the basis of cultural, language, pattern of transport, infrastructure or the social life of the inhabitants.
- In its message of 12 December, 2011 the Universal House of Justice states that the cluster should have three coordinators appointed by the Training Institute, one concerned with study circles, junior youth groups and a third for children's classes.
||Administrative Order; Clusters; Counsellors; Counsellors conferences; - Institute process
|2001 9 - 13 Jan
||The Counsellors in all continents met at the World Centre to take part in deliberations on the general features of the Five Year Plan. They were joined by the Auxiliary Board members (849 from 172 countries) who gathered from throughout the world to participate in events marking the occupation by the International Teaching Centre of its permanent seat on Mount Carmel. [From a message from the Universal House of Justice dated the 29th of October, 2000 and the16th of January, 2001]
||Counsellors; Counsellors conferences; Five Year Plan (2001-2006); Teaching Plans; Auxiliary Board Members and assistants; International Teaching Centre, Seat
|2001 9 Jan
||In its message to the Conference of the Continental Board of Counselors to launch the 1st Five Year Plan and Universal House of Justice said, "the training institute is effective not only in enhancing the powers of the individual, but also in vitalizing communities and institutions." It went on to say that "The continued development of training institutes in the diverse countries and territories of the world, then, must be a central feature of the new Plan." [Message from the Universal House of Justice dated 9 January, 2001, Mess86-01p763-764]
||Five Year Plan (2001-2006); Teaching Plans; Training Institutes; Counsellors; Counsellors conferences; - Institute process
|2001. 29 Jan
||The publication of Institution of the Counsellors by Universal House of Justice.
||Counsellors; Compilations; Publications; Appointed arm
|2003 22 Aug
||The passing of Ruth Pringle in Ciudad, Costa Rica at the age of 83 after 5 decades of service to the Faith, 2 decades as on the Continental Board of Counsellors. [BWNS250, BW'03-‘04pg236]
||Ciudad Colon; Costa Rica
||Ruth Pringle; Counsellors; In Memoriam; Births and deaths; BWNS
|2004 19 Apr
||The passing of Mr Aziz Ismayn Yazdi in Vancouver, Canada at the age of 94. Aziz Yazdi lived in Egypt, Syria, Iran, Iraq, Great Britain, Uganda, Kenya, Israel, and finally Canada. In 1968 he was appointed to the Continental Board of Counsellors in Central and East Africa and was an inaugural member of the International Teaching Centre in Haifa. [BWNS297, BW'03-‘04pg239]
||Vancouver; Canada; Egypt; Syria; Iran; Iraq; United Kingdom; Uganda; Kenya; Israel
||Aziz Ismayn Yazdi; Counsellors; International Teaching Centre, Members of; In memoriam; Births and deaths; BWNS
|2005 27 – 31 Dec
||The gathering, at the Bahá'í World Centre, the members of the Continental Boards of Counsellors [BWNS418]
||Counsellors; Conferences, Bahai; Counsellors conferences; BWNS
|2006 16 Jun
||The Baha'i International Community's Office of Public Information announced the launch of a new website called "Baha'i Media Bank,". The site contained more than 2,500 high-quality photographs on Baha'i-related themes and the plan was to eventually include video and audio material.
- In September 2017, after nearly 11 years, the site was given an upgrade in time for the historic 200th anniversary of the birth of Baha’u’llah. [BWNS1200]
||Bahai Media Bank; Websites; Visuals; BWC; Bahaullah, Houses of; Bahaullah, Shrine of; Bab, Shrine of; Monument gardens; Gardens; Pilgrim houses; Montreal Shrine; Junayn Gardens; Ridvan garden; Haziratul-Quds (general); Bahai history; Pilgrimage; Knights of Bahaullah; Hands of the Cause; Mashriqul-Adhkar (House of Worship); Bahaullah, Family of; Abdul-Baha, Travels of; Relics; First Bahais by country or area; Activities (general); Core activities; - Institute process; Devotional gatherings; Prayer; Ruhi institute; Study Circles; Childrens classes; Social action; Social and economic development; Conferences; Regional conferences; World Congresses; Conventions, International; Conventions, National; National Spiritual Assemblies; Local Spiritual Assemblies; Counsellors; Bahai International Community; Symbolism; Greatest Name; Persecution, Iran; - Bahai World Centre buildings, monuments and gardens; World Centre
|2007 24 May
||The passing of Hadi Rahmani-Shirazi in the United Kingdom.
- pioneered to Afghanistan at the Guardian's behest
- served on the National Spiritual Assembly and the Auxiliary Board in the Cradle of the Faith
- served as the executive director of the Nawnahalan Company
- among first appointed to institution of the Counsellors created by the Universal House of Justice in June 1968
- relocated to the United Kingdom in the early 1980s
- contributed greatly to the development of the Institution of Huququ'llah through his services as a Deputy. [UK BAHA'I NEWS EMAIL SERVICE message from the National Spiritual Assembly firstname.lastname@example.org 24 May 2007]
|United Kingdom; Afghanistan; Iran
||Hadi Rahmani-Shirazi; Nawnahalan Company; Counsellors; Huququllah; In Memoriam; Births and deaths
|2010 28 Dec – 1 Jan
||The conference of the Continental Boards of Counsellors held at the World Centre attended by 79 of the world's 81 Counsellors, from some 58 countries. [BWNS804]
- See the message from the Universal House of Justice to the Conference of the Continental Boards of Counsellors dated 28 December, 2010.
||Counsellors; Conferences, Bahai; Counsellors conferences; BWNS
|2013 5 Mar
||The passing of Mas'ud Khamsi, former Counsellor member of the International Teaching Centre in Lima, Peru. [BWNS943]
||Masud Khamsi; Counsellors; International Teaching Centre, Members of; BWNS
|2016 13 - 16 Oct
||The public dedication of the Mother Temple of South America in Santiago, Chile. The opening ceremonies were attended by over 5,000 people from 110 countries. Live video coverage of the public opening ceremony was provided on the Baha'i World News Service website for approximately 90 minutes and the video recording has been made available at that website.
The Mashriqu’l-Adhkár (Dawning-Point of God’s Remembrance) is located outside of Santiago in Peñalolen, a commune whose name means "reunion of brothers" in the local language. [BWNS1128].
The temple was built in the foothills of the Andes, between mountains and city. The 2,415 square-metre edice (26,000-square-feet) is essentially one large room with nine doors made of bronze. The interior is surrounded by a dome that is made up of nine elements – called petals. These begin wide at the bottom of the building and then narrow upward to meet in a spiral at the top, separated by crescent-shaped windows and a round window at the top. The outer surfaces of these petals are made of 32-millimetre-thick panels of cast glass, which have a ruddy, milky quality to them; the inner surfaces are made of smooth Portuguese marble. Both layers are translucent.
Each of the nine wings of the building has two surfaces – one of cast glass and one of stone both of which rest on the steel structure. Each of those two surfaces has more than 1,000 separate components in more than 150 different shapes categorized as droops, slumps, bullnoses, shoulders, elbows, or spines. Each piece, which had to be crafted in three dimensions, was shaped using digital models. [BWNS1126]
- Canadian architect, Siamak Hariri, began work on the $20-million project in 2003. [BWNS1127] The landscape architect was Juan Grimm, one of the most well-known landscapers of Latin America.
- The Universal House of Justice was represented by Counsellor Antonella Demonte from the International Teaching Centre.
- Message from the Universal House of Justice.
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
Location: Santiago, Chile
Construction Period: 2013 – October 2016
Site Dedication:13-16 October 2016
Architect Siamak Hariri
Landscape Architect; Juan Grimm
Dimensions: 2,415 square-metre (26,000 square-feet)
Cost: approximately $30m
Since its dedication in October 2016, the Temple has been a recipient of an International Architecture Award as well as awards for structural artistry from the Institution of Structural Engineers, for innovation in architecture from the Royal Architectural Institute of Canada, for innovation from the American Institute of Architects, for design excellence from the Ontario Association of Architects, for “Best in Americas, Civil Buildings,” from World Architecture News, and for Architectural and Cultural design from American Architecture Prize. [BWNS1262]
||Mashriqul-Adhkar, Santiago; Mashriqul-Adhkar, Quick facts; Mashriqul-Adhkar (House of Worship); Siamak Hariri; Mashriqul-Adhkar, Design; Architecture; Awards; Architects; Juan Grimm; Counsellors; Marble; Gardens; BWNS; - Basic timeline, Expanded
|2018 (post International Bahá'í Convention)
||Some 80 members of the Continental Boards of Counsellors met for a conference at the Baha’i World Centre following the 12th International Bahá'í Convention. On that occasion, the Counsellors were able to reflect on major developments in Baha’i communities around the world. In order to share their experiences some of their stories were recorded and made available via podcasts. The Counsellors discuss the impact of spiritual and moral education programs offered by the Bahá'í community on youth and the communities in which they live, drawing on experiences in Cambodia, Kiribati, India, Norway, Spain, and Timor Leste (or East Timor). [BWNS1264]
Counsellors in Africa, Alain Pierre Djoulde, Clément Thyrrell Feizouré, Maina Mkandawire, and Judicaël Mokolédiscuss discussed endeavours in the field of education in that continent. [BWNS1269]
The podcasts can be found here or on SoundCloud.
|BWC; Cambodia; Kiribati; India; Norway; Spain; Timor Leste (East Timor)
||Counsellors; Conferences, Counsellors; - Institute process; Youth; Podcasts; Education; Conventions, International; BWNS
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Conferencia de los cuerpos continentales de consejeros 09-01-2001, A la, by Universal House of Justice (2001). Spanish translation of "Institution of the Counsellors: Letter to the Counsellors January 9 2001." [about]
- Continental Boards of Counsellors, Letter to the Conference of, by Universal House of Justice (2010). [about]
- Continental Boards of Counselors, Elucidation of the Nature of, by Universal House of Justice (1972). The nature of the Institution of the Continental Boards of Counselors and its relationship to the Institution of the Hands of the Cause. [about]
- Counsellors, Board Members, and Assistants: Warwick Leaflets, by Warwick Bahá'í Bookshop (2002). An explanation of the ‘Appointed Arm’ of the Faith. [about]
- Hands of the Cause of God, by Universal House of Justice and Lilian Ala'i, in Bahá'í World, Vol. 18 (1979-1983) (1986). Six documents from Baha'i World 18 part four section 2: The Hands of the Cause of God and their functions, their work and travels 1979-1983, Boards of Counsellors and the International Teaching Centre, and tributes by Lilian Ala'i and Ray Hudson. [about]
- Institution of the Counsellors: Letter to the Conference of the Continental Boards of Counsellors, by Universal House of Justice (2001). On launching the Five-Year Plan. [about]
- Institution of the Counsellors: Message to the Bahá'ís of the World, by Universal House of Justice (2001). [about]
- Institution of the Counsellors, by Universal House of Justice (2001). Detailed discussion of the history and function of the highest level of the "Institution of the Learned." [about]
- la Conferencia de los Cuerpos Continentales de Consejeros, A: 28 de diciembre de 2010, by Universal House of Justice (2010). [about]
- Messages from the Universal House of Justice 1963-1986: Third Epoch of the Formative Age, by Universal House of Justice (1996). [about]
- Ranks and Functions in the Bahá'í Cause, by Universal House of Justice (1978). Different ranks of and interactive functioning of the Continental Board of Counsellors versus National Spiritual Assemblies. [about]
- Ridván 1996 (Four Year Plan): Message to the Counsellors, by Universal House of Justice (1995). Letter to the Counsellors, preceding the annual message to the Bahá'ís of the world. [about]
- Women Serving as Continental Counselors or in the International Teaching Centre, Percentage of: 1980-2010, by Universal House of Justice (2013). Chart showing the percentage of women serving as members of the Continental Boards of Counsellors from 26 November 1980 — when the number of Boards was fixed at five — until November 2010. [about]